Barn project

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Barn project

Post by 2ndovc »

Been working like mad man with this weather, one insurance claim after another. Even worked myself into a week's stay in the hospital with stomach ulcers again. The Docs lasered them up again and back to work! At least working on the barn is relaxing for me since it's my place and can do what I want.
Got some siding done and started on my workbench with a truckload of cabinets from one of my water losses. The base cabinets had a little water damage but still in decent shape for a garage work space.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Barn project

Post by AJMD429 »

You are way too neat and organized....!

I agree that a nice 'project' like that can be good for the soul, and relaxing, though. I'm glad for you that you are able to do that, and hopefully it will help the stomach to heal to be doing something rewarding that is both useful and fun.

....I still think you'd have even more fun if you made more of a disorganized mess of things though; it has always worked for me... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

So sweet, Jason. Take care of yourself, mister.
Is that a lake or a river outside your home?
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

What a great man cave. My only problem with it is, too many cabinets and storage space. I would be so organized that i would never be able too find anything. :mrgreen:
How do you plan on heating it? Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Bill,
There's a 4-5 acre pond across from the house, makes for nice pictures. :D

Todd,
I have a wood burner that came out of another insurance loss that the homeowner's didn't want anymore. I just need to buy new chimney parts. I also have an old Propane heater up at our cabin that we rarely use anymore. Thinking about bring that home as using it as well.

I'll probably have it insulated and drywalled by the end of the summer, all depends on how busy things stay.

jb 8)

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Jason: Fish in the pond? What a dream that would be!
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Lookin real nice Jason. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I have a pond by my house also....used to call it the backyard but looks like a pond,and the labs go splashing around in it :shock:
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:59 am Jason: Fish in the pond? What a dream that would be!
There are. Bluegill and a few Small Mouth Bass. A couple of the neighbor kids tossed a huge catfish in there but no one has seen it since. The Bald Eagles behind the house pluck quite a few fish out of there. Pretty cool to watch. Lots of Bull Frogs and turtles. Mallards and Canada Geese in abundance.

jb 8)

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

2ndovc wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:07 pm
Bill in Oregon wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:59 am Jason: Fish in the pond? What a dream that would be!
There are. Bluegill and a few Small Mouth Bass. A couple of the neighbor kids tossed a huge catfish in there but no one has seen it since. The Bald Eagles behind the house pluck quite a few fish out of there. Pretty cool to watch. Lots of Bull Frogs and turtles. Mallards and Canada Geese in abundance.

jb 8)
I'd love to have a pond but i call ducks & geese TARGETS! :D
Barn is looking great! Good idea on 2 heat sources, it's a lot easier to keep the propane going just to keep it 40F then crank up the wood stove when you are planning to be out there working.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Duel fuel was my thinking as well.

Don't think the neighbors across the pond would like me shooting at the ducks though. :roll:
:D
jb 8)