AR15A2

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RustyJr
Levergunner 3.0

AR15A2

Post by RustyJr »

While I have a couple different ARs, both plain no frills and a flat top with scope and QD mount I am looking for a current manufacture A2 fixed carry handle with 16 inch barrel for a no frills no fuss carbine. I cant seem to find anyone currently manufacturing them. Everything seems to have a flat top or detachable carry handle. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
RustyJr
Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Re: AR15A2

Post by wm »

Last edited by wm on Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

One of my favorite woods-walking AR's as a little pencil-barrelled 16 inch, no-frills, fixed carry handle model. For some reason I decided to switch it to 300 Blackout, I guess because that's what I would want to fire without hearing protection versus the 5.56,, and I'm not likely to wear hearing protection on a hike.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Not exact, but close to what you want, is a Palmetto Arms carbine I have. It has a mid-length upper with fixed front sight and a removeable carry handle rear sight. Light, handy, accurate, well-balanced. Best of all, I bought upper and lower separately on sale and put the rifle together for around $370.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I can't find one with a fixed carry handle either. Hit Gunbroker for a Colt Sporter Lightweight. I had one for many years ( it didn't survive the Purge while I was in the hospital) but it was a very accurate and 100% reliable carbine for the 20+ years I did have it. I replaced it with a couple of new Colts, an AR15A4 and pencil barrel lightweight. Both have proven to be just as accurate and reliable as the old Sporter. I really like the A4, even though it's longer and a bit heavier, it is a fantastic shooter! The target is from the first time I had it out with the new Leopold sighting it in. It makes tiny little groups when I do my part.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

To be persinickity, an A2 would be with carry handle, 20" heavy barrel and straight handguards...but who's counting

Brownells has both a Colt and a DPMS upper with handle along with a C7 clone like the old M16A1

I've got the DPMS one and no problems with it.

The uppers with rails are much, much easier to machine out, with an equivalent lower price so that's why you're seeing them everywhere.

The AR platform has become the Legos blocks of the gun world, so build what you want.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Can't get much more no frills and simple carbine than this......standard Colt M-4 "style" with a 11" barrel and a binary trigger. ----6. (Pretend the scope is not on there and a flip up rear sight is added.)

Model A Uzi’s
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Brownells has some in their RETRO line.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Hey Six, about the trigger, is it always a 2-shot, or can you fire single rounds too? I like the idea of it, wonder if it would work on a handgun... thanks

and, to me, this looks simpler and mo basic . . . it's my Car_Go
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

This is pretty much an A2. Except every thing is on the wrong side
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

I bought a Parts kit from the overruns from a military contract. A band new A-2 minus the lower receiver. When my SF unit got ready to deploy in 2002 we were short accurate rifles for 15 really good shooters a couple nationally ranked. a couple we even fire-lapped to clean but were still short. They gave me permission to bring my own upper and put it on a GOV full auto lower.
Arch's M16A2.jpg
DJ Africia 088.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
It is not the critic who counts