Posting pictures.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Posting pictures.

Post by Bullard4075 »

Anyone willing to post a short, SIMPLE, step by step description of how to post a picture to the board? I read the FAQ but didn't help much. I was once a government worker if that explains anything. :D
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Posting pictures.

Post by Pete44ru »

1) After registering there, upload your pics to one of the free pic-hosting websites, like www.imgur.com

2) After a pic is uploaded to a hosting website, each pic will receive an address (a url), ending in .jpg

It will look something like this: https://i.imgur.com/N4bUaoim.jpg

3) Place your cursor on the url, and sweep the url with your left mouse button down to highlight it, then right click the mouse & select "copy".

4) In a forum post, right click your mouse again and choose "paste" - the url should the appear in your post in the spot your cursor was placed on.

5) Immediately ahead (no spaces) of the pasted url, type in [ img ] - this img has spacing for clarity - the actual img should not

6) Immediately after the "jpg", type [ /img ] (again, w/o the spacing I did here)

You should wind up with something like this in your post: (again, no spacing)

[ img ] https://i.imgur.com/N4bUaoim.jpg [ /img ]

Your picture(s) should propagate after your post is submitted, like this:

claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

You can also post pictures on here directly. Click the attachment tab down under the box where you type your text, then click "Add files". Browse to your picture, select it, click "Place inline".
Have you hugged your rifle today?
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

claybob86 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:34 pm You can also post pictures on here directly. Click the attachment tab down under the box where you type your text, then click "Add files". Browse to your picture, select it, click "Place inline".
I tried imgur. I guess it works....but I am definately computer challenged. I tried this way and it was so simple. A box even showed up to automatically size it to forum size....not how many pixels or all that stuff.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

On occasion your pic will need to be resized, I post pics from my phone most of the time, the phone pics are normally too high quality. I found a free APP to resize photos and then post here. Fairly simple.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

IMG_20180424_235954.jpg
Well it works, all I have to do now is learn how to resize them... :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

IMO there's nothing wrong with that size, GK...…… 8)

Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

Thanks Gentlemen. Just what I needed.
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
Alan in Vermont
Levergunner 1.0

Post by Alan in Vermont »

Being somewhat modern electronics challenged, does anyone here know if it is possible to upload from a smart phone into an imgur account?
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

To me, its easy to use this one. https://imgbb.com/

You can register but you don't have too. You can just go there upload and then copy the BBCode Full Link and then post it in the subject line here. Quick and easy.