To save a life

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

To save a life

Post by Rusty »

I just wanted to relate what happened to me recently. On 5/26 I was headed to work when I had a medical incident which resulted in my truck hitting a bridge piling in the median, totaling out the truck. I don't remember any of it. My wife tried calling me several times and got no answer so she called our son. My son, my daughter in law and I all have an app on our phones called LIFE 360. The purpose of the app is so those on your account can track you and tell where you are. When my son couldn't reach me either he turned on the app and only then did they find out that I was at Lakeland Regional Hospital. If it were not for that app there is no telling how long it would have been before someone called my family.
If you have people you care about you might want to consider this app for your close circle of family. I know a lot of people say they don't like the idea of someone tracking them. After seeing this in action I would have to say that the benefits far out weigh the problems.
Just food for thought.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: To save a life

Post by jeepnik »

When I started having heart issues my sister, an RN, insisted I get Medic Alert. She had worked a county
ER years earlier and had seen the prompt access to medical info make the difference between life and death.

It’s inexpensive and provides all of your medical and contact info. This includes your various physicians.

It paid for itself when I fell ill while out in the oil fields. The paramedics instantly knew I was diabetic and had recent heart surgery.

I’m going to look into this app. We have amazing communication services available today. It makes no sense not to use them.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

:D That sounds like a very good idea, hunting alone in the wilds how is anyone supposed to know where you are if things go wrong?
I must get me one of those smart phones.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Rusty, thanks for sharing your hard-earned experience. I'll look for that app. Hope you are continuing to heal.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Oh, and by the way the app is free.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:05 am Rusty, thanks for sharing your hard-earned experience. I'll look for that app. Hope you are continuing to heal.
+1
It is not the critic who counts