What a chore!!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

What a chore!!

Post by jnyork »

We are now too old and decrepit to continue RV'ing so we are selling our 34' fifth wheel. We have been working on removing all of our stuff and detail cleaning it, today is the third day and only about halfway done. Admittedly , we work more slowly than we used to, along with taking longer and more frequent breaks. :D Still, it is amazing the amount of just crapp you accumulate over the years, our house is now packed with all the things we pulled out of the trailer, we are going to need to have a yard sale just to get rid of it, wife has already taken three large plastic bags full of clothes to the thrift store. Scrub
and clean, scrub and clean, sure are a lot of square feet and plenty of nooks and crannies awaiting our tender attentions.

I am a firm believer that cleanliness is next to godliness when you are trying to sell an item like this, or a house, or a car, or a gun. I am constantly surprised at gunshows, sellers will have a table full of guns that have apparantly never seen a cleaning rod and still ask premium prices.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: What a chore!!

Post by Pitchy »

I think trailers are better and a safer sale, motor homes are decaying disaster imo i`ll never own another one.
Hope ya get a good price for it, the real value is the memories it brought ya.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Pitchy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:43 pm the real value is the memories it brought ya.

A lot to be said for that, Pitchy. We are really sad to see it go.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I hope you get a good price when you sell after all the hard work.
I too an amazed and disgusted at the guns I examine that have not been cleaned, not only did the previous owner not clean them but also the dealer couldn't be bothered.. :roll:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

jnyork wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:57 pm
Pitchy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:43 pm the real value is the memories it brought ya.

A lot to be said for that, Pitchy. We are really sad to see it go.
But letting them sit is the worse thing on them, your right by cleaning it up and selling while everything is working.
We let our 31 foot MH sit sheltered for six years before selling it and sold as is but the new owner tried coming back at us when things didn`t work like they used too.
Heck the country is to divided to travel safely anymore anyway.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Good luck on selling Your Trailer....A few years ago I walked into a local Gun shop and on the rack was a Marlin with a Marlin sling , I asked the clerk behind the counter about it and He said "it's just an old Marlin .218 Bee :shock: . " it comes with two boxes of ammo " the rifle was filthy, grimy and nasty. of course I paid the $350.00 they wanted. After about an hour of cleaning up it went from a 50% gun to an 85%. why they didn't think of cleaning that gun in the slightest bit is beyond Me.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Some people are "neat freaks" their entire life and when it comes time to clean out something, there's little to do.

Some people are downright pigs and they don't care about money, selling stuff, or thinking about tomorrow.

Most people are in between. I lean towards moderate to neat freak.

When cleaning stuff out...whatever it is...it's easier to get a dumpster and heave 95% of it. If it's not a gun, a quality tool or a sellable antique, no one wants it...different crowd of people in today's society. In my day, we saved little pieces of string.

I LOVE pigs and stupid people not smart enough to do a little cleaning when they sell their guns. I also LOVE prospective buyers who don't have the common sense to be able to see that diamond in the rough. Probably half of my guns were bought at auction that had filth and grime for half of what they were worth. Nothing like a 125 year old Winchester in a rare configuration loaded with dust, dirt, finger prints etc.

This has happened to me more times than I can count......couple of years ago at an auction all the guys were ogling this like new 1899 Savage in 30-30 made in 1910......beautiful gun...99% case colors and blue....on the other hand the bore was a minus 15 on a scale from 1-10. The guys were all saying "what a shame". I bought it for $500, went home and cleaned out the heavy grease from the pristine bore that was underneath it all.
Model A Uzi’s
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I always get the feeling that when people are trying to sell a nasty looking gun they leave it nasty because they're trying to hide something.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.