I got a S&W model 10!

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

I got a S&W model 10!

Post by wm »

Well that ain't nothing special …… except it has taken me a year to collect and assemble all the parts and end up with a functioning revolver. This is a fraken-gun …… I picked up a stripped out frame at a flea market for $10. Then I picked up a barrel at gun show for $10. And eventually I picked up a cylinder and other parts. And with a the help of a couple buddies and the bible of S&W revolver work by Kuhnhausen I have assembled a functioning and pretty accurate S&W model 10 -6. I figure I have a little less then $100 and 40 hours into it. Which means I have lost money on the whole deal but gained a sense of accomplishment and knowledge.

Feeling pretty proud of myself. We took it to the range and put about 100 round through it today and got 2.5" group at 50' off the rest which is pretty good IMO with our older eyes and them skimpy sights.

What is even more important is I have now completed all my firearms projects that have been laying around mostly but not completely done. I swore this year I was going to get them all finished up and I managed to do it before the end of June. Now I can go forth with a clean conscience and start some new ones.

Wm
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Re: I got a S&W model 10!

Post by octagon »

Well done 8)
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

Congratulations WM!
If you're on Facebook you might want to look into a closed group there called "I'm With Roscoe." It's a like minded group of revolver guys.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Good on you! 8) 8)

BUT, :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Model 10 is one of all time great pistol that I owned all to briefly. Did you have to "time" the cylinder or was it good go as is? Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Great project and well worth the effort..... 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Mike Armstrong
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Mike Armstrong »

Nothin' like bringing an old vet back to service! Keep up the good work!

And Happy Fathers' Day to all you Levergunners!

Mike Armstrong