Best recoil pad for light 12 gauge ?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Best recoil pad for light 12 gauge ?

Post by gamekeeper »

I'm going to buy a single barrel 12gauge that will be well under 6pounds, I plan on fitting a recoil pad to take some of the sting out of it, I'm a lightweight myself but have never been bothered by recoil, now I'm past my three score years and ten I think I might appreciate a little bit of help with a hard kicking gun.
The gun will be carried a lot and not often fired so a lightweight S/B suits my purpose, what recoil pads would you recommend, I know a stocker who will fit it professionally, that is if I can buy what you recommend over here.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Best recoil pad for light 12 gauge ?

Post by Pete44ru »

I would suggest a Limbsaver "grind to fit" pad from Brownell's UK : https://www.brownells.co.uk/Manufacturers/LIMBSAVER

EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

I agree with Pete the limb saver has worked well for me with a light 45/70 and bear loads.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I have nothing against the Limbsaver but never really cared for them . I’m more of a KickEez person .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

Mercury recoil suppressors work for me. http://www.mercuryrecoil.com/suppressors/index.htm
Some swear by the "Dead Mule". https://www.ballisticproducts.com/Dead- ... o/1510502/
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

You could also get the Aguila mini shells for it. Tho they are spendy.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

You could also get the Aguila mini shells for it. Tho they are spendy.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Esperanza, my bride, really likes those cute little shells. She shoots them in SASS.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks for the replies, I will check out what's available over here, I've never heard of the Dead Mule, looks interesting but I don't want to increase the weight too much. I can get some 21g and 24g she!!s over here and they are cheaper too :D not seen any Aguila mini shells, I must look 'em up.. 8)
I also have quite a few heavy shells for foxes and other "large vermin" so as I've sold my SxS 12 gauge I'd like to still be able to use them in a much lighter gun.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

G-K you ever thought about loading some light loads with b-p or Triple7 for it? You could have best of both worlds.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

3leggedturtle wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:43 pm G-K you ever thought about loading some light loads with b-p or Triple7 for it? You could have best of both worlds.
Yup, my local toy shop has some all brass 12 gauge shells but I only have a Lee loader for 30/30. Black powder would be fun, I have some Triple 7 too.