Making the rounds ...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Making the rounds ...

Post by Bill in Oregon »

8)

THE YEAR WAS 1955...

Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging 7 cents just to mail a letter?

If they raise the minimum wage to $1.00, nobody will be able to hire outside help at the store.

When I first started driving, who would have thought gas would someday cost 25 cents a gallon? Guess we'd be better off leaving the car in the garage.

Did you see where some baseball player just signed a contract for $50,000 a year just to play ball? It wouldn't surprise me if someday they'll be making more than the President.

I never thought I'd see the day all our kitchen appliances would be electric. They're even making electric typewriters now.

It's too bad things are so tough nowadays. I see where a few married women are having to work to make ends meet.

It won't be long before young couples are going to have to hire someone to watch their kids so they can both work.

I'm afraid the Volkswagen car is going to open the door to a whole lot of foreign business.

Thank goodness I won't live to see the day when the government takes half our income in taxes. I sometimes wonder if we are electing the best people to government.

The fast food restaurant is convenient for a quick meal, but I seriously doubt they will ever catch on.

There is no sense going on short trips any more for a weekend. It costs nearly $2.00 a night to stay in a hotel.

No one can afford to be sick anymore. At $15.00 a day in the hospital, it's too rich for myblood.

If they think I'll pay 30 cents for a haircut, forget it.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Making the rounds ...

Post by Blaine »

I remember when Motel 6 was six bucks.....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I was born a city boy, which was waaaaay different than being born a country boy.

I remember when a loaf of bread cost $0.07, and a Saturday afternoon at the local movie theater (aka: the "itch") was $0.15 - I had to return home the day the theater started to charge $0.25, because I only had my allowance at the time ($0.25) on me. (and that would be a "no" when I later asked my parents for another $0.10)

The great thing about theaters back then, however, is that films ran continually from when the theater opened in the AM, to when they closed at nite - that way, it didn't matter when you got to the theater, because you just sat there until you started to see something for the 2nd time.

On Saturdays, when I was a tad older, I used to ride the bus ($0.10) to a nearby larger town (Mt.Vernon, NY) that had a theater area which contained several (6-8) different movie theaters on both sides of the street for 2 city blocks.
Saturdays were cartoon (and Movie Town News) days - so I used to spend the entire day watching cartoons, starting at one theater, then eventually going to all of them before I jumped on the bus home (penniless).

Last edited by Pete44ru on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I saw a dude last week who was furious we made him come in twice a year (once for a physical and mid-year for a followup) because he had to pay a $40 co-pay each time, and twice a year I want him to do labs that cost him $70 out-of-pocket. His other doctor only did 'what insurance covered' and after hearing him brag about the new F-350 he got to replace his 'old' 2012 one, and the new Ruger 308 tactical he put a Nightforce scope on, I told him heck yeah, he ought to go back to that other doc....he may die 15 years sooner, but I can see where his priorities lie....besides, his stroke-rehab and bypass surgery will likely be covered 100%.... :lol:

Between inflation (politicians printing money for their cronies) and 'priorities', we are our own worst enemies. No wonder Bernie Sanders has a following.... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Doc, the people who gripe the loudest about their prescription copay are usually driving a $50,000 vehicle that is less than 3 years old, coming through the drive through, and refuse to get off their phone long enough to give their name-address-phone so that we can make sure they get the right medicine.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost