Another AR 10 in 260 Rem.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Another AR 10 in 260 Rem.

Post by cnjarvis »

So as not to threadjack 6pt's post, I'll put up one of my own.
Gray Ghost (Large).jpg
Upper - Aero M5E1
Lower – Aero
Handguard – Aero Enhanced M5 G2, 15”
LPK – Aero
Barrel - Proof Research SS 22", 260 Rem.
Grip – Magpul MOE
Trigger – Elftmann ELF AR-10/.308
BCG – Brownells Nitrided
Stock - Brownells Retro A1
Bipod - Magpul
Cartridge - 260 Rem.
Gas Block - Superlative Arms adjustable, clamp-on. 0.875”
Buffer & Spring – Standard 308
Muzzle Device – Impact Precision
Charging Handle – AR Stoner
Scope Mount – Vortex Precision Extended Cantilever, 20 MOA
Scope – Vortex Viper PST-II, 3-15x44, EBR-2D, MRAD
Coating – Duracoat “Snow Gray”

I managed to pick up most of the parts on sale for around 15% or more off.

I built it as a hunting and LR rig. As it weighs in at a healthy 12# :shock: , I have a TAB Gear biathlon sling for it.

Function is 100% but I'm still tuning the gas system to eliminate some case head swipe, as it's a bit over-gassed. No shots for groups yet but the first range trip was very encouraging.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Another AR 10 in 260 Rem.

Post by 6pt-sika »

Very nice ! I see you have a preference for the original style buttstock like myself .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Good looking rig. I had a 6.5 Grendel built recently but have been to hobbled up by back stuff to shoot it yet. Have high hopes.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 4:02 pm Good looking rig. I had a 6.5 Grendel built recently but have been to hobbled up by back stuff to shoot it yet. Have high hopes.
The AR Grendel I own is an Alexander Arms complete upper on a Rock River lower with a Geiselle trigger . That one shoots better then my AR 260 ! Incidentally my Grendel upper has a fiberglass free float forend , I think I wanna do that on the AR-10 I’m in the process of putting together .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

6pt-sika wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:55 pm Very nice ! I see you have a preference for the original style buttstock like myself .
Thanks!

I do Like the A1/A2 stocks best. I don’t really care for the 5/6 position adjustable stocks. I would love to have a Magpul PRS stock on it but at their asking price, they really don’t want to sell it to me.

In this case, I went with the A1 stock. The large frame AR receiver is 5/8 of an inch longer than an AR 15 receiver, so the A2 stock would have made the LOP too long for me.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

cnjarvis wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:59 pm
6pt-sika wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 2:55 pm Very nice ! I see you have a preference for the original style buttstock like myself .
Thanks!

I do Like the A1/A2 stocks best. I don’t really care for the 5/6 position adjustable stocks. I would love to have a Magpul PRS stock on it but at their asking price, they really don’t want to sell it to me.

In this case, I went with the A1 stock. The large frame AR receiver is 5/8 of an inch longer than an AR 15 receiver, so the A2 stock would have made the LOP too long for me.
I lucked out at a gun show, guy was sitting on a PRS , it was a demo stock with lots of finger prints on it. I picked it up and offered him 175. He said sold.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I don't like the 6-position stocks at all.
I replaced the entire lower on my Grendel with a Rock River, A2 stock, ambi-safety, winter trigger guard.
It's a great hog and coyote gun with my predator light mounted.
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle