For those who like SBR leverguns....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

For those who like SBR leverguns....

Post by AJMD429 »

A post from MarlinOwners.com -

https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/45-7 ... oject.html

The guy seems to be quite the machinist.

I think my 'ideal' all-purpose levergun would be a 12" barreled 454 Casull or 500 S&W with an integral suppressor, and a fast-twist barrel so I could shoot large-for-caliber bullets at 1,000 fps or so. Those cartridges have lots of 'pistol' load data so would be easy to load regular supersonic loads for, and they have tough enough bullets that the higher RPM's wouldn't likely tear them apart when using supersonic loads. Mostly though I'd just fling large (over an ounce) chunks of lead fast enough to hit things reliably out to 100 yards with it. Maybe do the same thing in 30 caliber for bullets in the half-ounce class with a ballistic coefficient more suited for longer ranges.

Probably never get around to it though.... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: For those who like SBR leverguns....

Post by fordwannabe »

Doc, while not an SBR did you ever see a pic of my 16.5 inch takedown suppressed Marlin in 45-70?
E6F48016-D615-4418-8895-3D8CCD437827.jpeg
7295AFDE-D6E7-4CCC-8F9A-BE4F1D80C088.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Now that's pretty cool....!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
SargeMarlin
Levergunner 2.0

Post by SargeMarlin »

I wish I had some mechanical talents. That is an awesome build and I would love to have something like that someday.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Thank you. We stole some ideas from others, did a bunch of head scratching of our own, and my buddy machined it out. We had to redo a couple things and are still tweaking on it a little but it is fun. I wish I could post the video of me shooting it with the silencerco hybrid and a 520 grain cast. It still makes me laugh.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.