Memorial day

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Memorial day

Post by Pitchy »

To me this is the most important day of the year, God Bless all that paid the ultimate price.
Myself i like to salute and give thanks to everyone that has served and is serving now also, God Bless them and the United States of America and may we fight off the tyranny that`s taking place now.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Memorial day

Post by piller »

Albert Wyant, uncle of mine and son of William Montgomery Wyant---a Sergeant under Captain Myles Keogh(Comanche's owner and rider), served in WWI. Mustard Gas put him out of the war. I still have some of his gear.

Homer P. Casady fought in WWII from North Africa to the Battle Of The Bulge. Hospitalized twice for serious wounds. Awarded the Silver Star and the Bronze Star with V device. He was in a mechanized Infantry unit as part of the 2nd Armored Division.

Cecil A. Casady flew B24J Liberator bombers in the South Pacific. He was based a couple of places, but mostly on Fiji. Flight Sergeant who scored higher on the tests than any Officer in the squadron. He said that the B24 was a difficult plane to fly, and that was the reason that so many were named "My aching back". He also said that they would bring you home even when they should not have been able to stay in the air. He lost a wing one time as his wheels touched down for landing. Another time the tail fell off at landing. Both times there was no logical way the plane should have stayed in the air. He died a couple of years ago at age 101.

At least one of my Lawhorn ancestors was at Fort William McHenry on the night that the English failed to bombard it out of existance.

I don't know all the stories of my relatives who served, but there were some who went and did what needed to be done.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

This image captures the intent of Memorial Day, sadly.
Memorial Day at Gravesite.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

That`s it brother, to me its the birds eye view of it all anyone serving now could could be the next person to give they`er life.
None of it makes sense to me its just part of this screwed up world but if good people don`t fight to do what they have to we will all lose in the end.
I think this memorial day is more important than we even realize if that makes sense.
I think Memorial day also keeps us fired up for the next conflict, ready to fight for what they fought for.
Sorry for the rant but with what`s going on in our country now really ruffles my feathers.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

My family has been phenomenally lucky. Every eligible male has served. Seen combat in every conflict since
They immigrated. Yet, despite this only two have died in wartime.

Both of my grandfathers. My dad’s dad died as a result of illness at the end of WWI. Spanish flu. My mom’s dad died of a heart attack in December of 1942.

How or better yet why we have been blessed is known only to God.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Don't be sorry for saying what needs to be said.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Lenn, I think this Memorial Day is especially important as well. There are serious disturbances "in the Force" right now. I am afraid for our country -- and the world.