The Winchester Arms Collectors Association

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

The Winchester Arms Collectors Association

Post by daisygordoninc »

Several years ago I might have asked this question on this forum previously, so bear with me.
Are any of you members of the WACA ? And if you are, have you been to the Cody Wyoming
event that takes place in July ? I'm wondering if it is worth the trip. Any thoughts ?
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: The Winchester Arms Collectors Association

Post by gamekeeper »

Bump.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 3855 »

I am a WACA member and this coming July will be my 26th WACA Cody show in a row. Likely the single largest gathering of Winchesters under one roof at any one time. While a number of antique gun shows are good (like last weekend in Denver) Cody is dedicated to primarily Winchester.

The shows proximity to Yellowstone Park and also the Buffalo Bill Center of the West, make it a great way to spend a weekend or more. This year, the newly remodeled Cody Firearms Museum will be having it grand reopening just a week before this years Winchester show. You will be very impressed.

If you go, it would pay to reserve your accomodations in Cody ahead of time as it is a very busy place in July.

A Winchester Collector
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

Worth a trip from anywhere in the US. Figure 3-4 days minimum to see the gun show and the Buffalo Bill Historical Center.

Book reservations NOW or be disappointed later.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sun May 30, 2021 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

It's a great show, and the Cody Museum's grand re-opening will make it better. But don't plan on finding much in the way of bargains at the WACA show if you're going there to buy. Might be some there, but mostly it appeared that guys marked their prices up a bit just for this show.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Shrapnel
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Shrapnel »

3855 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 7:41 am I am a WACA member and this coming July will be my 26th WACA Cody show in a row. Likely the single largest gathering of Winchesters under one roof at any one time. While a number of antique gun shows are good (like last weekend in Denver) Cody is dedicated to primarily Winchester.

The shows proximity to Yellowstone Park and also the Buffalo Bill Center of the West, make it a great way to spend a weekend or more. This year, the newly remodeled Cody Firearms Museum will be having it grand reopening just a week before this years Winchester show. You will be very impressed.

If you go, it would pay to reserve your accomodations in Cody ahead of time as it is a very busy place in July.
Chances are, if you haven't already got reservations, you won't now. Cody fills up fast and is worth the trip. It is located in a beautiful area and as mentioned, has a lot of Winchesters. The WACA show has combined with the Sharps Collectors and the show is a good place to see lots of old Winchesters, Sharps, Colts , Marlins and plenty other great old guns. There is another small town just a few Miles to the East of Cody that you may find accommodations if you are still considering going to Cody.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Man, I'd want to go visit these guys (they're right there in Cody, WY), and visit the birthplace of my Model 89 levergun (their stock photo below - but mine's just as purty... 8))

Between BHA and all the historic stuff there, it would be sensory overload for sure.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Powell, Wy. isn't far away and that's where we stayed last time. But even they might be booked full by now.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/