I sure do appreciate the efforts my neighbors put into funding my ammo budget ......

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

I sure do appreciate the efforts my neighbors put into funding my ammo budget ......

Post by wm »

In the last month I've junk picked 3 bicycles, two lawn mowers, and two weed wackers from my neighbors, repaired them (seriously who throws out a bike with a flat tire? who throws a weed wacker out just because its run out of monofilament line?) and then sold them at my nephews appliance & repair store.

If bad times for real and stayed any amount of time I'm afraid only a handful of the human race could figure out how to survive. I pity people who would starve for lack of electric can opener.

Wm
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I sure do appreciate the efforts my neighbors put into funding my ammo budget ......

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Thats funny about the can opener. Most of my family and friends heckle me every time i use my P38.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
wm
Senior Levergunner

Re: I sure do appreciate the efforts my neighbors put into funding my ammo budget ......

Post by wm »

3leggedturtle wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:33 pm Thats funny about the can opener. Most of my family and friends heckle me every time i use my P38.
+1
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I don't use one anymore, but I have fired a P38 on T-rations. They were better than Meals Reluctant to Excrete.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I like the electric can opener line, so true. As to the p38 I haven’t used one of those in decades... I have been carrying a Swiss champ in the pocket of my fat boy pants for close to 30 years. I have two of the champs as I would truely feel naked without it even if I didn’t use it that whole day.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

There's waaaayyyyyy too much money in society today. Many people have lost common sense because they all want to be like the DuPonts.

Coming from a working class family who lived fairly well, I don't remember people throwing out anything that could be easily repaired and when it could not be repaired feasibly , we stripped out the electric motors, brackets, bolts and nuts, and anything that could be used on something else.

Next to my buddies gunshop is a Good Will donation store......after hours people would drop off all kinds of stuff and just leave it ........I'd say," look at that, dropping off boxes of towels, shirts, shoes, packs of underwear and socks still in the packaging, costume jewelry, furniture, all kinds of home appliances, cordless phones, lawn mowers and even one time a snow blower." Good Will would take anything with an electric cord or a gas engine and throw it in the dumpster.

The snow blower wound up in Colorado and I can't remember the last time we bought a cordless phone. About 5 years ago or so they stopped all after hours drop offs and installed cameras.....it was fun while it lasted.----6
Model A Uzi’s