Krag shooters here?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Krag shooters here?

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I just noticed that Graf's has Captech overrun .30-40 brass for less than Privi Partizan and Hornady.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Krag shooters here?

Post by 2ndovc »

Cool!

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

I thought CapTech was long gone. Regardless, I have plenty of brass ahead.
Glenn
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Glenn »

Just received 200 of them today for my first Krag rifle (bought last weekend). They are a bit long in the shoulder as was mentioned on another forum (the one case I tried I could close the bolt but it was VERY tight). Have dies coming too.
Glenn
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Glenn wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:32 pm Just received 200 of them today for my first Krag rifle (bought last weekend). They are a bit long in the shoulder as was mentioned on another forum (the one case I tried I could close the bolt but it was VERY tight). Have dies coming too.
Glenn
If you are the glen fryxell of cast bullet experimentation fame please post here more often......

I first read your words in the H.H.I. Sixgunner in 1992......
m.A.g.a. !
Glenn
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Glenn »

Sorry, not that Glen. Proper spelling is with 2 n's :wink: I'm the editor of the CBA's Fouling Shot. Would love to post more but with a full time job, family, etc, etc, don't get around to it much. :(
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Glenn, congratulations on your work for the Cast Bullet Association. Hope to hear more about the boolits you choose to shoot out of your Krag when you have time.
I had not heard the comments about the shoulders being a bit far forward on the Captech brass. Good to know.
Glenn
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Glenn »

Thanks Bill. It will be interesting trying to find something that works in this old rifle. Bore is .3005, groove .308, but the severely eroded throat starts at about .314 and tapers down from there. It will be a project....
Glenn
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Those lands are shallow. I am working on obtaining a Model 98 made in 1903, if the bore turns out to be shootable.
By the way, just joined the Cast Bullet Association, so look forward to seeing some of your work! Used to be an ASSRA member, but never the CBA.

8)