Dash Cams....anyone use one...?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Dash Cams....anyone use one...?

Post by AJMD429 »

If so, what ones are decent, what ones stink, and what features should I look for...?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Dash Cams....anyone use one...?

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I don't use one, but I am glad the crazy Russians do as they provide such fabulous fail Youtubes ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOQLTUPIqgk
oldAG
Levergunner

Post by oldAG »

Not specifically a dash-cam, but a Garmin GPS with built in camera.
Excellent quality video. I know that because I made the "mistake" of connecting it to an "always on" power socket in my SUV, and recorded a continuous 7 hrs of road trip!
I always use the maximum capacity memory card. Took a while to transfer to the PC though :!:
I figured that if Garmin make well regarded flight data panel, their GPS/Dash-cam would also be good.

my .02
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

I don't but a guy at work who is a deeply invested wrench head has one and its gotten him out of a couple of tickets and saved him a butt load of potential law suit trouble in a car accident. He figures that unit has saved 20X what it cost him and it was one of the more economical ones you can get off of Amazon. He was going to buy a better quality one but still hasn't because the one he has not disappointed him yet.

I keep thinking I should buy one but I'd have to research the subject and that just doesn't seem like fun. Like shopping for a new computer.

Wm