I just got emailed a flyer from Gander Mountain ......

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

I just got emailed a flyer from Gander Mountain ......

Post by wm »

Ruger LC9S (the small frame Ruger 9mm) for $199.

How does Hi Point fight that? And more importantly how do I not buy one? I don't need one but geez …… $200? Over the life of the pistol that's like 20 cents a month!

Wm

https://www.ganderoutdoors.com/ruger-ec ... 027&jb=320
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: I just got emailed a flyer from Gander Mountain ......

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Contact your usual FFL dealer to receive it for you, then order from Gander, using your dealer's FFL info.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:27 am Contact your usual FFL dealer to receive it for you, then order from Gander, using your dealer's FFL info.
To heck with that …… There is a gander Mountain retail outlet 5 minutes from the University I work at! I just meant how do I justify buying that when I have a couple of other 9mm. It would be smaller and lighter and just about perfect for summer casual apparel …… or it would make a nice truck gun. Or maybe I could give it to my wife.

Or I could just use the old standby reason …… because.

:D

Wm
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

wm wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:17 am Ruger LC9S (the small frame Ruger 9mm) for $199.
How does Hi Point fight that? And more importantly how do I not buy one? I don't need one but geez …… $200? Over the life of the pistol that's like 20 cents a month!
Wm
Not if you shoot it like a lot of folks. It would be more like .002 cents a month. :D
jnyork
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jnyork »

wm wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:35 am [

Or I could just use the old standby reason …… because.

:D

Wm
Why do you need a reason?? :wink:
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

WM, had no idea you had a Gander Mountain so close by.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

JimT wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:55 am
wm wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:17 am Ruger LC9S (the small frame Ruger 9mm) for $199.
Wm
Not if you shoot it like a lot of folks. It would be more like .002 cents a month. :D

Ain't that the truth! I can't understand people who just figure they are shooters because they own a gun. That's like saying you are a musician just because you bought a guitar.

Wm
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 12:38 pm WM, had no idea you had a Gander Mountain so close by.
Yeah, I guess that's fortunate but you know I rarely shop there. I just prefer to support the little 'mom & pop" type places. Not just sporting goods, but just about anything and everything.

Wm.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

Guns have gotten cheap lately. I just picked up a Smith & Wesson Shield 9mm 2.0 for $339. And with a $40 rebate it's only costing me to $299.