No wonder nobody believes the 'environmentalists'....

Post all political posts here.

Moderators: Hobie, AmBraCol

Forum rules
The rules are simple...
- no advocation of violence to anyone
- no cursing

Violation of the rules will result in deletion of the topic.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

No wonder nobody believes the 'environmentalists'....

#1 Post by AJMD429 » Tue May 07, 2019 8:07 am

The U.N. just released a report that NPR was drooling over because it proves Trump hates baby seals since he caused global warming (...er I mean 'climate change'...). They claim that "a million species are now in peril of extinction".

Like everything else NPR says, I assumed it was a lie, distortion, or both, so I got to thinking about how many species of animals there are, and the TOTAL numbers are that there are 5000 species of mammals 10,000 species of birds 8,000 species of amphibians and 7000 species of reptiles. Of course there are other critters not included in those, but those are the largest groups of 'higher organisms' that are typically the least adaptive to change. That's 30,000 species total in those groups. So if ALL mammals, ALL birds, ALL reptiles, and ALL amphibians were to become extinct, that would still only be 1/33 of what the UN claims is happening. How can anybody trust people like that?

The sad thing is that REAL 'environmentalists' like those who hunt and fish get trashed by these fake-environmentalists, who mostly are insincere virtue-signalers, and the REAL issues (pollution, habitat destruction) get overshadowed by the politically-correct, agenda-driven, ones like global warming (...er I mean 'climate change'...).... :evil:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "

bikerbeans
Levergunner

Re: No wonder nobody believes the 'environmentalists'....

#2 Post by bikerbeans » Tue May 07, 2019 9:18 am

IMO, the only real environmental crisis we are facing is over population.

BB

JHarold
Levergunner 1.0

#3 Post by JHarold » Tue May 07, 2019 11:17 am

I am in 100 percent in agreement with Bikerbeans.

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

#4 Post by gamekeeper » Tue May 07, 2019 11:19 am

JHarold wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:17 am
I am in 100 percent in agreement with Bikerbeans.
Yup, so am I.
From his weapons on the open road no man should step one pace away, you don't know for certain when you're out on the road when you might have need of your spear.
Havamal ( Viking collection of common sense )

Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

#5 Post by Booger Bill » Tue May 07, 2019 11:33 am

Overpopulation of demonrats.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#6 Post by GunnyMack » Tue May 07, 2019 11:47 am

No disagreement here!
I think my signature line says it all....
There is only one Earth. Do it a favor? GET OFF.

Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

#7 Post by Pisgah » Tue May 07, 2019 12:02 pm

Truth is, no one knows how many species exist. Estimates -- and that's all we have -- range to over 1 million, some say as many as 4 million, and those numbers include everything living, from microbes to whales. Likewise, no one knows how many species have existed in the past and gone extinct; nor do we know what a "normal extinction rate" is. For all we know, it's 100,000 species a year -- or more.

The thing that kills me about such reports as these are that they always state they are based on a "consensus" of scientists -- which is to say, based on no scientific proof whatsoever.

KWK
Levergunner 3.0

#8 Post by KWK » Tue May 07, 2019 3:08 pm

Overpopulation is indeed the problem. Overrunning the wild areas to make suburbs and farms cuts down on the variety of plants, insects, fungi, bacteria, etc that make up the estimates of forms of life on earth.

wm
Levergunner 3.0

#9 Post by wm » Tue May 07, 2019 6:18 pm

It was a millions of species of plants, insects and animals.

And neither the report nor the coverage by NPR ever mentioned or even hinted at Trump being to blame. You could interpret the report to agree with most of the posters here and see overpopulation as the issue.

https://www.npr.org/2019/05/06/72065424 ... eport-says

Wm

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

#10 Post by jeepnik » Tue May 07, 2019 8:32 pm

Folks you need to learn to relax and accept the inevitable. At some point man’s time will be over. Just as it has for millions of other species. Nothing we do can stop that. Extinction is the fate of all living things. Man’s belief that he can change things merely shows his ignorance and inflated since of ego.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferrably in the dark"
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it"

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#11 Post by AJMD429 » Tue May 07, 2019 9:05 pm

When they say things like "There's actually a newly coined phrase for insect declines — the 'windshield effect' — owing to the fact that if you drove your car at dusk 30 years ago, you would need to clean the windshield frequently, but that's no longer the case today," then I compare when I drive my 2010 Honda Civic, and indeed do see few insects hit the windshield, with the 'old days' driving my mom's 1955 Chevy, and the tons of bugs that hit. Wow, much has changed. Must be fewer insects, I guess.

Then I drive my 35 year old pickup-truck, and have TONS of bugs on the windshield, and realize.....Huh....I guess the shape and angle of windshields has changed significantly over the past 30 years as vehicles went from 15 mpg to 35 mpg due to being more streamlined.....maybe THAT has something to do with it.....???
Nahhhh....doesn't fit the narrative...
. :roll:

If they'd show a bit more objectivity and political 'neutrality' when they do 'environmental' reporting, I'd take it more seriously. And believe me, I WANT to take it more seriously, and I want everyone to do so, but just like the anti-gunners who say they just want to reduce crime, their distortions lose them credibility, and unfortunately the things they say that are truthful and should be heard, are drowned out in the blather.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

wm
Levergunner 3.0

#12 Post by wm » Tue May 07, 2019 9:22 pm

Well the DoD seems to concur with the report.

https://media.defense.gov/2019/Jan/29/2 ... T-2019.PDF

Wm

FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

#13 Post by FWiedner » Tue May 07, 2019 9:57 pm

When the Navy goes back to wind powered ships, and the Pentagon has a supporting windmill farm on premises, I'll give a sh*t, what the DoD has to say about climate change.

:|
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#14 Post by AJMD429 » Tue May 07, 2019 10:12 pm

FWiedner wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 9:57 pm

When the Navy goes back to wind powered ships, and the Pentagon has a supporting windmill farm on premises, I'll give a sh*t, what the DoD has to say about climate change.

:|
Yeah, "...but 97% of scientists* agree 'climate change is real'..." :roll:

*Perhaps they are related to the 97% who were convinced Galilei was crazy, Darwin daft, and Newton nuts.... :lol:

mickbr
Levergunner 2.0

#15 Post by mickbr » Wed May 08, 2019 12:32 am

its getting like the old days when language meant nothing. The powers that be could say god makes everyone equal but you still have to be serfs and subjects. We invented real language, fair laws, statutues that changed all that. Now they can say conservation is anti-conversation, anti-facism is facism, up is down. Once they re arrange language to mean nothing they can do whatever they want. We will be back in the year 1500.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#16 Post by AJMD429 » Wed May 08, 2019 10:34 am

mickbr wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:32 am
its getting like the old days when language meant nothing. The powers that be could say god makes everyone equal but you still have to be serfs and subjects. We invented real language, fair laws, statutues that changed all that. Now they can say conservation is anti-conservation, anti-facism is facism, up is down. Once they rearrange language to mean nothing they can do whatever they want. We will be back in the year 1500.
What you said there was ra-a-acist....!

....and homophobic....

....and shows you're not woke....

:lol:

This article is short, and I don't agree with 100% of it, but puts it well: https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/0 ... -hysteria/

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#17 Post by AJMD429 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:53 pm

Fisher-Price
Levergunner 1.0

#18 Post by Fisher-Price » Fri May 10, 2019 8:30 pm

Doc, please do not forget the farmers in your hunting and fishing environmentalist comment. We are stewards of the land and water and love to play, swim, hunt, and fish in the same places we are accused of (not by this group) of willingly destroying.

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#19 Post by AJMD429 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:44 pm

"Doc, please do not forget the farmers in your hunting and fishing environmentalist comment. We are stewards of the land and water and love to play, swim, hunt, and fish in the same places we are accused of (not by this group) of willingly destroying."

Yep - the REAL 'environmentalists' are those who live off the land via farming, or depend on it staying WILD and untarnished for their hunting and fishing, versus those who just want to virtue-signal and denigrate others for political gain.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sun May 12, 2019 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

#20 Post by GunnyMack » Sun May 12, 2019 11:37 am

I was talking to a neighbor, she insists that if we stop burning fossil fuels today that the planet will turn itself around instantly. I cant believe how blind to fact people are.
There is only one Earth. Do it a favor? GET OFF.

jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

#21 Post by jeepnik » Sun May 12, 2019 2:57 pm

You all realize that on numerous occasions the earth has gone through cataclysmic volcanic eruptions. Anyone of these has in a matter of days emitted more "green house gases" than man has in his entire time on this earth. And, guess what, we ain't freezing and we don't have gills.

This old rock has been hot, cold, wet and dry at various times. And we ain't swimming and we don't have gills.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferrably in the dark"
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it"

AJMD429
Posting leader...

#22 Post by AJMD429 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:24 pm

Here's yet another 'climate change' commentary that shows how fraudulent the claim that "97% of scientists agree" that 'global warming' is bogus.

https://youtu.be/eiPIvH49X-E

piller
Advanced Levergunner

#23 Post by piller » Thu May 16, 2019 7:39 pm

One volcano erupted in the 1800s and put enough CO2 and other greenhouse gases into the atmosphere to cause a year without a summer. The temperatures dropped so much that our New England states couldn't grow crops. That is a lot of greenhouse gas.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost