Linder Knives, from Germany

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Linder Knives, from Germany

Post by Old No7 »

I had no prior experience with this brand of knives imported from Germany, but so far, I am very pleased and impressed with this neat little knife (3" blade, 7" overall) made by Linder in Germany.

Linder Damascus Knife.jpg

Stainless + Damascus + fixed blade + Walnut root = "What's not to like?"

Delivery here in Maine was < 1 week after it left Germany, and a pretty fraulein asked for my signature on behalf of Deutsche Post. :wink:

It will make a nice companion knife for those days I will hunt with mein German Drilling.

Old No7
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Linder Knives, from Germany

Post by 3leggedturtle »

That handle is really nice.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I gave Shirley a Linder Bowie knife when she admired it, I must admit it's a beautiful knife and well made, I have no need of Bowie knives now but that Linder of yours is a much more useful tool..... :mrgreen:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Old No7 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:24 pm
I had no prior experience with this brand of knives imported from Germany, but so far, I am very pleased and impressed with this neat little knife (3" blade, 7" overall) made by Linder in Germany.

Here's some reviews from the Blade Forum: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/lin ... od.397736/

Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

One of their Bowies with a Cold Steel Trail Master and a SOG Northwest Passage.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:07 pm I gave Shirley a Linder Bowie knife when she admired it, I must admit it's a beautiful knife and well made,
I have no need of Bowie knives now.....
Maybe that's true John -- but you'd better be VERY nice to Shirley!!! :wink:

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Old No7 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:11 pm
gamekeeper wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:07 pm I gave Shirley a Linder Bowie knife when she admired it, I must admit it's a beautiful knife and well made,

Old No7
Shirley also has a Mossberg 20 gauge slug gun so I'm always very nice...., :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

gamekeeper wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:57 pm
Old No7 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:11 pm

Old No7
Shirley also has a Mossberg 20 gauge slug gun so I'm always very nice...., :lol:
I'm really impressed with the 20 gauge shells loaded with #3 buckshot.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

I have a Linder hunting knife, a bird & trout style, that I carried for several years small game hunting. No complaints from me except the leather sheath that it came with was awful. It started to break down and literally dissolve when it got wet.

I quickly replaced it and as I said got good service from the knife. I'm sure I still have it beneath gun cabinet. At least I think I'm sure. Or did I give that ……. Never mind, its got to be a sign its time to start thinning the accumulation when I can't recall what I have and don't have anymore.

Wm
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Lovely-looking knife with a very useful blade length and contour, Darryl.
8)
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Would it be rude to ask what it cost?
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Booger Bill wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:36 am Would it be rude to ask what it cost?
Yeah, probably... :wink:

Be careful though, as I saw there are "2 quality levels" of this design sold over in Europe; one is top shelf (as is mine), and the other is 40% less but may have slight cosmetic defects.

A buddy of mine in Germany lined this one up for me; my cost was $110 including the international shipping charges (last one available from his friend at the shop). I see it online for ~100 Euro online ($112 USD today) not counting the $15 to $20 shipping cost, or $135 on ebay plus shipping. I'm pleased with the knife and the price, as it "had to be German", from a decent maker, as I didn't want one made in a 3rd-world shop.

Old No7
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Once upon a time, my late best friend brought me back a Puma European fixed blade sheath/hunting knife, when he & his wife were visiting her relatives in Germany.

He told me that he bought it in a Puma knife store.

Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!

How do I order one?

I have a lock blade Puma similar to a Buck 110 that I carry every day. The Puma replaced a Buck 110X that I carried every day until I found the Puma which is lighter, both have stage handles.

There is something about that German steel that I like.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Lots of good steel out there. Lots of cheap stuff, too. Most German and French steel is good. Swiss is decent, and Swedish is good. Usually, if it is too cheap, then it is junk. Not always, but it is correct more often than not. Most knives over $50 are pretty good. Then there are premium steels that are seriously expensive and better at holding an edge. Maybe not enough better to justify the price, but usually better. If a $110 knife does what you want it to do, and holds a good edge plus is not too difficult to sharpen, then you have a good quality knife at a reasonable price. You can spend $400 and probably end up with a knife that is only marginally better. Edgeholding and sharpenability are rarely in a straight linear slope with price. More like price goes up in a logarithmic curve as edgeholding goes up at a slow rise with sharpenability going toward the floor. Why spend 4 times the price for 1.1 times the quality?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost