I dunno boys, this is pretty weird ...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

I dunno boys, this is pretty weird ...

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Re: I dunno boys, this is pretty weird ...

Post by Pisgah »

Puts me in mind of an old ditty our Ozzie mates may recall...

"Tan me hide when I'm dead, Fred,
Tan me hide when I'm dead.
So we tanned his hide when he died, Clyde,
And that's it, hangin' on the shed..." :lol:
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Let me abbos go loose Lou.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I always wanted to have a taxidermist make me into a chair, but only if sitters were limited to women, and they had to be over 18 and not related to me..... :o :D

Then there is the company that will mix your ashes in with shotgun loads so your friends can blast your ashes into the sky at targets or "hunt with you" in the literal sense of the word....
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

I find tattoos rather repulsive. This doesn't change that.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Pisgah wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:23 pm Puts me in mind of an old ditty our Ozzie mates may recall...

"Tan me hide when I'm dead, Fred,
Tan me hide when I'm dead.
So we tanned his hide when he died, Clyde,
And that's it, hangin' on the shed..." :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Brings that famous line from Jaws to mind-
Taxidermy man gonna pelosi when he sees what I brung him
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

"Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD." Leviticus 19:28

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient" Romans 1:28
m.A.g.a. !
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

How could this be legal? If you told the Morticion that you wanted to keep, let's say, a hand, would that be allowed?
Gobbler
Click Click Boom
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Gobblerforge wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 6:07 am How could this be legal? If you told the Morticion that you wanted to keep, let's say, a hand, would that be allowed?
Gobbler
Yes
Or a complete skull
Anything really.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Surely I'm not the only one hearing the theme music of the twilight zone or the shrieking violins of the shower scene at the bates motel......
m.A.g.a. !
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Those would have fit right in at the Adams Family House... :o :o :shock: .
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Perfect example of our "anything for a buck" society. If there are people weird enough to want something done, somebody will capitalize on it for whatever they can make off it.
I never really understood what my mom meant when she said, "I'll tan your hide!" Now I do!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I honestly don't see much difference between this and the shrunken heads at Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe in Seattle, circa 1965. The very worst sort of Nazi might appreciate it. Calls to mind the horrors of "The Silence of the Lambs."
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Doesnt anyone here remember "The Bitch of Buchenwald""?
https://www.scrapbookpages.com/DachauSc ... eKoch.html
IIse Koch got life in prison for it.
Bullard4075
Senior Levergunner

Post by Bullard4075 »

The Lord God is going to make me a new body, why would I want any of the "first draft" alterations kept? :roll:
"Any man who covers his face and packs a gun is a legitimate target for any decent citizen"
Jeff Cooper
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

Someone mentioned Ed Gein.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Gein
My mother chased him off about 1951 when she seen him peeking through her bedroom window! Moms cousin`s husband "Specks" Leon Murty had been sheriff of Waushara county and the new sheriff Lenard Shly called Specks for help. Specks solved it, went to Geins farmhouse and found the body and all the ghoulish body parts. Specks and wife Helen were close friends to my folks. About 1979 I went home on vacation and dad and I spent a afternoon talking to Specks about the case. I wish I had a tape recorder as we spent a hour or two discussing it. He told of taking Gein to Madison for a lie detector test. He got there too late and the guy to give the test wanted to give it the next day. Rather than do a turn around trip Specks slept that night with Gein in the same cell. They got talking about Geins crimes and Ed told Specks he couldn't "control" himself on nights of the full moon!
They got Gein on two murders of women but Specks said the actual count was something like six. Once Specks and my dad in the 1940`s tracked two missing deer hunters to Ed`s farm. They NEVER were found! Specks said Gein gave them about 48 graves he could remember robbing. I think they dug up two at random and found them empty and didn't go farther with that. Specks went in detail of the ghoulish body parts etc they found in Geins house that I wont go into as there still has to be many relatives of the case that could read it. Later the county was going to auction off Geins farm, house and a lot of stuff. The night before the auction the place was torched. Specks knew who did it but it but it shall remain "unsolved".
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Had not heard of Ed Gein. Gad.
Booger Bill
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Booger Bill »

According to Wikipedia the movie "Psycho" was loosely based on the Ed Gein case. Gein spent his life in the state insane asylum for the criminally insane.
My mother ran a roadside vegetable stand on the highway in front of our small farm. One day she came in and told about a strange nut that hung around her stand that day. That night she was making their bed as dad was due home from swing shift. She looked up and Gein had his face pressed to the window! Dad kept a revolver in the bed room dresser that she should have grabbed but didn't. Instead she screeched, "Why you devil!" My bedroom was upstairs but I recall hearing her. I was about ten. She ran outside and sigged dad`s dog "Pete" on him. He took off running down the road. This was about 00:30 as dad shortly came home from work. Dad said he seen the guy running up towards a parked truck up the road. He went back but the truck was gone. A couple years later when the story broke of Gein`s capture she recognized Geins picture from that day.
I have a female cousin, a retired deputy. Last time I seen Suzie we talked about the case. She always was a joker. She said you know what Geins job was in the nut house? No, what was it? She said "butcher".
Specks told me some background. As a teenager Gein and a brother went hunting and Ed came back by himself. Claimed he lost the brother. That night there was a marsh fire. After the fire Ed led a search party and conveniently found the charred remains of his brother. Later Geins father died in a fire that burned down the family farmhouse. Still later a teen age baby sitter disappeared while baby sitting. Never was found. Specks found a old faded levi jacket at the scene with criss crossed faded different marks of straps from someone who farmed with a team. Gein was the only one that still farmed with horses but he couldn't get Gein to crack on that one. Then there was the two deer hunters that never were found that Specks and dad tracked to near his farm. When the lady storekeeper Bernice Worden was missing Shly, (Who made sheriff and had no training) called Specks out for help, as Specks now was constable of Wild Rose, a small town or large village near Wautoma where the county sheriffs office is located, Specks drove out to Plainfield the Coast to Coast Hardware store where the lady ran that disappeared. He looked over the scene and told Shly if we solve this one we also will have solved that case in Adams county where the lady tavern owner Mary Hogan disappeared. Specks found where she started to write up "kerosene". He said Gein is the only one around that still doesn't have electricity. (The official story says antifreeze but Specks said kerosene) He and his old deputy, Dan Chase drove out there and found the carnage. Wikipedia`s version differed quite a bit from what Specks told dad and I. Specks said Geins father died in a house fire, Wikipedia`s version says heart attack. Specks and Shly butted heads too. Specks was real low key and always stayed out of the spotlight. He told me Shly told him lets sit on this story, and right after went and sold the rights to Life magazine!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

No tattoos, and no plans to get any. My choice.

Murderers are another anomaly to me. I was in the Army and could have killed in that situation. I am just fine with the fact that I never saw combat. I could and would have gone to war without question. Killing without just cause would not be possible for me. Protecting a life is just cause. Murderers I just cannot understand.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ray wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:49 am "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD." Leviticus 19:28

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient" Romans 1:28
:wink: Don't forget all the OT kitchen rules about separate pots, pans, knives and utensils, or you will be smitten. And, pork...NO PORK. :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

I'm not a big fan of tattoos dead or alive
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

It is heartbreaking to look into the eyes of this boy and know what he would become. I have to trust God's justice is as perfect as His mercy in a case like this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/serialkillers/ ... g_ed_gein/
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 9:00 am I honestly don't see much difference between this and the shrunken heads at Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe in Seattle, circa 1965. The very worst sort of Nazi might appreciate it. Calls to mind the horrors of "The Silence of the Lambs."
The difference I see is those shrunken heads were done long ago, and sort of represent the history of cannibals back then. Still weird, but in a historical way.
But this is a "service" someone is offering today. Skinning a corpse and making some memorabilia out of it for profit is something bordering on criminal in my eyes. What next?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

With you on this Vall. It just seems terribly wrong to me.