Mount Vernon: "Revolutionary War Weekend" May 4-5th

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Mount Vernon: "Revolutionary War Weekend" May 4-5th

Post by Old No7 »

Heads up...

Wished I lived closer to Mount Vernon in VA to attend the "Revolutionary War Weekend" on May 4th - 5th (click for link)...

It looks really neat and would be terrific to see!

Although our friends from across the pond might disagree... :wink:

"Mount Vernon's serene 12-acre field transforms into a battleground as hundreds of Continentals, Redcoats, and Hessians conduct military drills, perform cavalry demonstrations, and engage in 18th-century battle reenactments. Throughout the weekend, wander through the encampment and meet the soldiers, discuss military techniques, and meet General Washington. Young visitors can join a youth muster on the bowling green and participate in 18th-century demonstrations to understand life as a soldier in the Continental Army."

Old No7

Mt Vrn 01.jpg
Mt Vrn 02.jpg
Mt Vrn 03.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Mount Vernon: "Revolutionary War Weekend" May 4-5th

Post by gamekeeper »

I love ALL reenactments when copious amounts of black powder are used :D
My local toy shop had just got in a Charleville 1777 Corrigé An IX by Pedersoli, it was listed as a Brown Bess :roll: I was happy to correct him. The 1777 was used in the American War of Independence by French troops under General Rochambeau.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Buddy of mine made a copy of a Revolutionary cannon for the bicentennial at the request of the town mayor. He pulled it in the parade with his pickup. Few days later he called the mayor asking where to deliver it. Mayor said keep it. So he promptly drilled a touch hole. Every 4th of July we would haul the barrel out of the basement, assemble it in the barn. Then open the doors & touch it off- close the doors and wait for the lawman to drive by. Did that for years- lots of fun and big clouds of white smoke!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

If you want a smaller copy of a BP cannon contact Seahag Munitions.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Rusty wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:33 pm If you want a smaller copy of a BP cannon contact Seahag Munitions.
this looks quite dangerous !

https://seahagmunitions.com/product/min ... on-cannon/
m.A.g.a. !