Winchester Model 24 SxS

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bridger
Levergunner 3.0

Winchester Model 24 SxS

Post by Bridger »

Anybody know much about this model? I know it was made from the late 30s to the late 50s. I found one for sale locally that I've taken a liking to in 12 gauge in good shape for $795. I say good shape, mechanically it is but the finish looks like that if a well used but cared for field gun. That price seems a bit high to me but I have no experience with this model. It handles like a brick and is awkwardly proportioned but I still like it. And Winchesters are my second love right behind Colts.
What say you?
"The best argument against democracy
is a five minute conversation with the average voter."

- Winston Churchill
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Winchester Model 24 SxS

Post by GunnyMack »

Could be a bit high on price but it you like it and are willing to spend then indulge yourself :D
As you say, that model isn't a svelte model 21 but it's a functional useable shotgun!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Winchester Model 24 SxS

Post by Pete44ru »

The asking price is close to the value stated in the BBGV - AND, it's a strong/reliable SxS.