NRA Annual Meetings....New Toy.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

NRA Annual Meetings....New Toy.....

Post by AJMD429 »

Although not really connected.... :wink:

I had intended to go to the NRA annual meetings in nearby Indianapolis, even to the point of getting a couple tickets for the Legislative Affairs session since Trump was going to be speaking there. Unfortunately, that Friday I had to put in time (unsuccessfully) trying to figure out how to secure enough of a loan to get my practice to transition to DirectPay mode over the next six months. (Part of my thought process was even that seeing someone with such high energy who seems to have the world against him and yet is still succeeding, might somehow bestow some positive energy on me. :D )

Saturday was still spent knee deep in spreadsheets and loan applications and frustration, but I thought if I got enough accomplished maybe I could reward myself with a quick trip up there Sunday. Bat alas, I didn't really get enough done to justify that and knew that there would be no spending money on anything fun if I went up there, although just drooling at all the cool stuff is still kind of fun. So as I was waking up this morning to put nose to grindstone and search for more resources, I first had to go out and feed the animals, which of course means tucking the Pistol-of-the-Day into a holster. Today the POTD was my Glock 19, and when I retrieved it out of the little above-eye-level bin I keep it in, I felt something that was too small to be an extra magazine, and realized that I had bought a threaded barrel over a year ago that I had never even tried out... 8)

So after the chores and before sitting down to business drudgery, I had to put the barrel on, along with my old Mystic suppressor, and see how it all worked. I put the MantisX training device on just for curiosity to see how the gun's movements during firingand recoil were altered by the suppressor.
Screenshot_2019-04-28-14-15-49-1.png
The suppressor definitely changes the muzzle movement, with a dampening effect until the shot is fired and then all the activity with recoil and the barrel movement and so on with the added mass of the suppressor makes for interesting graphics after the shot leaves the barrel.

When I get a chance I will try to figure out how to capture and post those kinds of tracings, although the Mantis website does show how the basic unit works, just not with a suppressor on the gun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Re: NRA Annual Meetings....New Toy.....

Post by piller »

Not having time to try out a purchase for about a year is sort of my situation, too. PillHer's Mossberg youth size Patriot in 7mm08 is over a year old, and we haven't found time together to get it sighted in. She is off Wednesday and Thursday, and I never know more than a week in advance when I am off. Walgreens makes their employees unhappy and unhealthy.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: NRA Annual Meetings....New Toy.....

Post by AJMD429 »

Oooooh...... Jerry Miculek got a MantisX - maybe soon he'll shoot as good as me....! :lol:

https://youtu.be/lhBIdL3ngKs
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "