4-Barrel "Quattro-Cannone" 28ga Shotgun

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

4-Barrel "Quattro-Cannone" 28ga Shotgun

Post by Old No7 »

Wow, check this out...

I'll bet that our friends across the pond -- Nath or gamekeeper -- could put this to good use!

The auction estimates were a low estimate of $30,000 to a high of $50,000... And it sold for $20,000 -- what a deal!!! :wink:

Old No7

Remarkable Abbiatico & Salvinelli "Quattro-Cannone" Four Barrel 28 Bore Shotgun with Case. Engraved

The four barrel cluster, with slightly swamped game rib with dolls head extension, is engraved “Abbiatico & Salvinelli” in small gold letters on top of upper left barrel. Barrel flats are stamped with 1982 Italian nitro proofs and with first names of craftsmen involved in building this fine, intricate gun, including Dante, Poli, Mario, Remo, & Tony. Coin finished sidelock/boxlock action with non-automatic safety and single non-selective trigger (firing all four barrels), is fitted with hammer sidelocks. Tall serpentine hammers are nicely filed. Tall four barrel fences are also intricately sculpted with tops of fences in oval pattern and all outlined by beautiful fine gold line edges. This interesting mechanism fires all four barrels in succession when hammers are cocked, with upper right first, upper left second, lower right third, and lower left fourth. If the hammers are not cocked, the action acts as a normal side by side boxlock, firing right then left bottom barrels. Action is engraved with areas of well cut deeply chiseled scroll. Locks are gold line engraved and finely polished. Trigger plate is finely carved in flowing scroll pattern as is beaded trigger guard bow and long tang. Engravers signature "Pedretti" found in front of trigger guard bow. Splinter forend with Anson type push button release is checkered in two point pattern with makers crest in silver at center and iron in floral pattern. Straight grip buttstock is of fabulously figured European walnut and is checkered in two point pattern through the wrist with tear drops behind action. Housed in a brown leather, red velvet interior take down case with proper makers label.

Four Barrel 01.jpg
Four Barrel 02.jpg
Four Barrel 03.jpg
Four Barrel 04.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: 4-Barrel "Quattro-Cannone" 28ga Shotgun

Post by gamekeeper »

I do not know how that shotgun would figure in our ridiculous UK gun laws, shotguns are restricted in the UK to only three shots, any more and they are classed as firearms and would require a harder to get license. This usually applies to repeating shotguns, four barreled shotguns were probably not thought of at the time this legislation was passed by government.
I'm surprised that the muzzles of that shotgun were not tidied up before the photograph was taken.
I can think of a lot of shotguns I would rather take to the field before that one, even my single barrel Stevens ........ :o
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

I'll bet that was fun to regulate.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

"I'll bet that was fun to regulate."....what warrenty. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: .