The zoo continues

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ysabel Kid

The zoo continues

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Fellas -

I'm sorry I have not been around of late. The zoo that is my life continues. I am not complaining - I am blessed in countless ways. I am, however, just exhausted. I went from losing my dream job in a downsizing move by my employer of 29 years, to being rescued, having half a job for a little bit, then 3 jobs, then the restoration of my old role - so 4 jobs - and I'm in the process of unwinding 2.5 of them (so will settle at about 1.5 "jobs"). I'm just putting in very long hours, non-stop. I do not work in the airline industry and I am certainly not a pilot, but I've just had my 33rd flight of the year - and it's not even May.

Last week I was actually home - thank God - as my Mom ended up in the ER 3 separate times in 8 days. She is home now, and seems to be okay, but is not a healthy 81.

My son made it home from his semester studying abroad (in more ways than one; his girlfriend was with him) in Spain. Safe and sound. As I said, I am blessed.

Hopefully, things will ease up. I want to wish all those I missed a "Happy Belated Birthday". You guys are the best, and I miss the interactions here.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The zoo continues

Post by Pete44ru »

I'm glad that you seem to be weathering the storm - Via 'con dios, Jay ! :)

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I feel your pain. 80-hour weeks and still never know if my payroll checks will bounce (for my employees - I still am not taking pay since mid-2017). We are rebuilding after a terrible business deal took out all my life savings, and are so close to turning a profit I don't want to bankrupt and close the practice, losing 2,000 long-term patients who would be the greatest asset as I re-build things, because losing that continuity and starting from scratch would be nearly impossible. No more line of credit, so one little thing could derail all I've worked to build for 40 years.Very stressful.

However, like you, I am grateful for the awesomely good things I DO have....Faith, Family, Friends, and many Patients who have shared their lives with me in the hope I could be God's instrument to help them get or stay healthy.

And so far, Health, which in my line of work is really something I know the value of.

Prayers up for ya buddy that it gets better, and that you get some moments with loved ones to appreciate God's gifts you do have.

(P.S. ....."studying a broad".....you are b-a-a-d....! :o :D )
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Don't worry Jay, we will keep the campfire burning till you have more time to feel the warmth..... :D
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I've often wondered if those who spent their entire working lives without any concerns, or turmoil feel? I hope they know how rare it is to have such security and constant employment! Hope they don't take it for granted!
I went through numerous job changes in my life, and most because I either didn't like the way things were going, jobs ending, or because I wanted to better my work situation. Of course working construction my entire adult life as an electrician was always shaky as far as ever being steadily employed. Just the nature of that work that you'll occasionally have a job end, and be out of work for a certain length of time. Every time that happened, or I moved on, it was gut wrenching not knowing when the next paycheck would be coming in.
Fortunately I went to work for an electrical contractor in 1989 that was extremely busy, and always made sure there was plenty of work. I developed my own list of customers, and kept myself working steadily the last 22 years of my work life. But that chance of things changing always hung over my head until I retired in 2010. It's tough to explain to people how heavily it weighs on a guy's mind to always wonder if there will be work next week or next month. Also tough to explain what a relief it is when you finally reach retirement, and know you've got a good steady income for the rest of your life, and never have to worry about the next job, or paycheck!
Hope things get better, and you keep working steady the rest of your work life. But if not, I hope you can adapt and make the best of things!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/