OT- Should I Answer

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

OT- Should I Answer

Post by GunnyMack »

Well I got tired of the telemarketers, political, unsolicited calls etc.my cell has never been so quiet!
I found a free app called Should I Answer and boy does it work! After a short window to learn how to block calls the app just stops the unwanted calls- phone doesn't even ring!
And its FREE!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
David
Levergunner 3.0

Re: OT- Should I Answer

Post by David »

GunnyMack wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:31 am Well I got tired of the telemarketers, political, unsolicited calls etc.my cell has never been so quiet!
I found a free app called Should I Answer and boy does it work! After a short window to learn how to block calls the app just stops the unwanted calls- phone doesn't even ring!
And its FREE!
Most cell providers are starting to offer this within their system so you never see it, but this sounds good.

PS. Life360 is also KA and free, yeah you may not want it for kids but you may for your 87 year old mother if she's very mobile.
mikld
Advanced Levergunner

Post by mikld »

Thanks, I'll try that. I signed up for the "Do Not Call Registry", but that doesn't stop anything. My wife got a phone paid for by the gov't (department?) and it has a nice screen that has captioning. Since I rarely get calls I just ignore the phone, but wife just glances at the captioning screen and if it's legitimate, she'll answer. We've gotten as much as 12 spam calls in 1 day...
Mike
Vocatus atque non vocatus, Deus aderit...
I've learned how to stand on my own two knees...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

mikld wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:50 am Thanks, I'll try that. I signed up for the "Do Not Call Registry", but that doesn't stop anything. My wife got a phone paid for by the gov't (department?) and it has a nice screen that has captioning. Since I rarely get calls I just ignore the phone, but wife just glances at the captioning screen and if it's legitimate, she'll answer. We've gotten as much as 12 spam calls in 1 day...
Just like the illegals, someone is getting a pay-off to let this go on...It's not just Spam, but outright fraud and robbery in most cases.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

BlaineG wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:37 pm
mikld wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:50 am Thanks, I'll try that. I signed up for the "Do Not Call Registry", but that doesn't stop anything. My wife got a phone paid for by the gov't (department?) and it has a nice screen that has captioning. Since I rarely get calls I just ignore the phone, but wife just glances at the captioning screen and if it's legitimate, she'll answer. We've gotten as much as 12 spam calls in 1 day...
Just like the illegals, someone is getting a pay-off to let this go on...It's not just Spam, but outright fraud and robbery in most cases.
Kind of like ID theft could be stopped nearly overnight without any big expenditure. If you want credit you log in an enter the merchant ID of anyone you want to give credit to and it lasts for 24 hours and then expires. No-one is responsible for any credit given in their name unless the merchant can produce the credit receipt key that proves that they had checked. and confirmation etc etc.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

For a long time I didn't answer calls from numbers I don't know. Just for fun I've started answering those calls I don't know " Sheriff's office, fraud division" Funny thing is there's never anyone there.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.