Vortex viper - what height mounts?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Gadenetio
Levergunner

Vortex viper - what height mounts?

Post by Gadenetio »

I have a 110 Predator Hunter Max 1, and I'm going to be getting a Vortex Viper HsT 6-24x50mm with a 30mm tube. My choice of brand for the mounts is the viper specific mounts, (mainly because if there's any issue with the scope holding zero, it's one of the first questions I heard vortex will ask before getting into exchanges- so I plan on using all Vortex mounting stuff just in case I ever have an issue.). My big question is:
On the rifle, should I go with the high rings? (I'm assuming for a 50mm it's what I'll need, but Where none of this stuff is available locally, I'd rather buy right the first time than get into exchanges/returns)
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Vortex viper - what height mounts?

Post by FWiedner »

Seems to me that if it's a 30mm tube and a 50mm objective that you'd need something just a bit over 20mm.

Any manufacturer website should be able to provide specific measurements as to the height of their rings versus just a description of low, medium, or high.

:)
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Contact Vortex, tell them what gun you are putting that scope on they will give you the answer!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:06 pm Contact Vortex, tell them what gun you are putting that scope on they will give you the answer!
Yep....make them earn their money; those scopes aren't cheap....!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "