Purty brass

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Purty brass

Post by earlmck »

I spent some time yesterday decapping and trimming any of my 38/40 brass that wasn't loaded. This is stuff from back in the bad old days when you didn't find "38/40" headstamped brass so is made from R-P 44/40. And might be considered grungy.

I considered marking the bases with a green sharpie to designate the trimmed cases because I'd like to go ahead and get everything trimmed once this decade after I get the others fired. Then had the thought that "why not go ahead and shine them up -- that'll make them really stand out!"

But being slightly senile I forgot these babies in the thumbler, so they got to run all night. Might be brighter than necessary but they sure looked purty by the time I remembered them about second cup of coffee time this morning. Thought they were worth a picture, along with the Win 92 that will be shooting them for this next lever action silhouette shoot at the end of the month.
win38409652.jpg
win38409650.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Twodot
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Purty brass

Post by Twodot »

That purty rifle deserves to be loaded with purty brass!
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Yup , nice and bright. Since I started wet tumbling with SS pins ,all my brass comes out looking like that.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

I usually let my brass run all night in the tumbler. Doesn't hurt anything, and shiny brass sure does look good! :D
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

Twodot wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:12 pm That purty rifle deserves to be loaded with purty brass!
+1! :D
Have you hugged your rifle today?