Fascinating stuff about COPPER....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Fascinating stuff about COPPER....

Post by AJMD429 »

https://youtu.be/sENgdSF8ppA

Very interesting. Reminds me of the Smarter Every Day guy...https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6107g ... 2-emgoDnAA
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Fascinating stuff about COPPER....

Post by piller »

Cool.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I have some neodymium magnets, 1/4" dia- they will stick to each other through the nail bed of your finger! Strong little suckers!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Had no idea. I don't why, but copper is my favorite metal. Silly -- but true.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

GunnyMack wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:11 am I have some neodymium magnets, 1/4" dia- they will stick to each other through the nail bed of your finger! Strong little suckers!
Ya'But will they stick to copper?

I'm a big fan of copper to the point of collecting it, thanks for the links...
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:58 am Had no idea. I don't why, but copper is my favorite metal. Silly -- but true.
it's my fav non-ferric for sure, and bronze which is a kissing cousin
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Grizz wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:27 am
GunnyMack wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:11 am I have some neodymium magnets, 1/4" dia- they will stick to each other through the nail bed of your finger! Strong little suckers!
Ya'But will they stick to copper?

I'm a big fan of copper to the point of collecting it, thanks for the links...
Never tried copper since every 5th grader SHOULD know copoer is not magnetic... sadly I doubt 5th graders know what ferris non ferris
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Never tried copper since every 5th grader SHOULD know copoer is not magnetic... sadly I doubt 5th graders know what ferris non ferris
They are only taught about Fairies and Non-Fairies... (not really meant to be funny :roll: )
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
milton
Levergunner 2.0

Post by milton »

Copper metal is also anti fungal and antimicrobial,something that is still being studied and that few doctors know about.If you are in an area with bacterial infections you are better off using a piece of copper in your pocket as a hand sanitizer than some of the washes used for the same thing.
"Knowledge without understanding is a dangerous thing. For a little knowledge entices us to walk its path, a bit more provides the foundation on which we take our stand, and a sufficient amount can erect a wall of knowledge around us, trapping us in our own ignorance."
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

milton wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:25 pm Copper metal is also anti fungal and antimicrobial,something that is still being studied and that few doctors know about.If you are in an area with bacterial infections you are better off using a piece of copper in your pocket as a hand sanitizer than some of the washes used for the same thing.
It will kill the moss on your roof just as good, or better than zinc....It's just too expensive to use that way.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
milton
Levergunner 2.0

Post by milton »

Yep,the stuff ain't cheap!
"Knowledge without understanding is a dangerous thing. For a little knowledge entices us to walk its path, a bit more provides the foundation on which we take our stand, and a sufficient amount can erect a wall of knowledge around us, trapping us in our own ignorance."
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Homemade demagnetizer. Needed for screwdriver tips, drill bits and other things.....just put the metal tool in the hole surrounded by copper and presto, no longer magnetized...thanks Blaine for pointing out my inability to proof read and comprehend what I'm writing :D ----6

Last edited by Sixgun on Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:32 pm Homemade demagnetizer. Needed for screwdriver tips, drill bits and other things.....just put the metal tool in the hole surrounded by copper and presto, no more magnification.---6

Wait...isn't it beneficial to have such things magnified?

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Or it can remagnetize.

Our old outboards built before WWII don't have the permanent style magnets developed for the war effort and often benefit from remagnetizing. A couple of club member have build copper wound devices to do that.
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

milton wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:25 pm Copper metal is also anti fungal and antimicrobial,something that is still being studied and that few doctors know about.If you are in an area with bacterial infections you are better off using a piece of copper in your pocket as a hand sanitizer than some of the washes used for the same thing.
Silver, too.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

BlaineG wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:52 pm
It will kill the moss on your roof just as good, or better than zinc....It's just too expensive to use that way.
some folks still copper-sheath the bottoms of their boats. the cooties stay off of it, and the algae scum slides off with a brush...
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:32 pm Homemade demagnetizer. Needed for screwdriver tips, drill bits and other things.....just put the metal tool in the hole surrounded by copper and presto, no longer magnetized...thanks Blaine for pointing out my inability to proof read and comprehend what I'm writing :D ----6

Just don't leave open windings powered up for too long! They wont take long to heat up, and eventually go up in smoke!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

marlinman93 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:12 am Just don't leave open windings powered up for too long! They wont take long to heat up, and eventually go up in smoke!
pelosi! Forgot to say that Marlinman....thanks!.....yes....only plug in...do your businesss.....and unplug...

Sure is a weird feeling when you stick the tool in there.....the magnetization of the "motor" pulls it in towards the copper....first time I did it I thought I was going to get zapped...or at least see sparks.......As a smart Italian fellow, I made sure the part I was holding was insulated.
Model A Uzi’s
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Sure is a weird feeling when you stick your tool in there
No wonder it's 2".... :roll: :roll:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA