What do you store your leverguns in?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

What do you store your leverguns in?

Post by fordwannabe »

I am just wondering if you guys have any cool way of storing your leverguns? My levers go in this, other stuff goes in a big Cannon. Let’s see whatcha got.
4B214E83-6638-4710-A7D6-E2C1A6A12D2C.jpeg
B08917ED-5BFB-4557-B3AD-1E83D801085B.jpeg
C00EA5EE-78E1-4C72-ADE1-1358762918DA.jpeg
Anybody get the name of the lock company?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: What do you store your leverguns in?

Post by GunnyMack »

90° corners are the BEST for storing guns, sadly ya cant do that anymore since NO ONE can be trusted!! That is a great safe!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Store them? As in, do not touch or use them?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Gunny that I s totally from my mind. No such thing as First cattleman’s in Deer Lodge. The guy that made the stencil didn’t want to do it until I googled it and nothing came up. Winmar lock and safe.... because I was gonna use it to lock up Winchester’s and MARlins,no not the dogs.
It is from 1900s and was a pukey Corvette green metal flake when I got it for free😎 . I was number three in line but the first two guys couldn’t figure out how to move it. I ever mention I was a flatbed truck driver before I was a nurse? I ever mention I have a 9000 pound winch on my car trailer? I ever mention I have a really good friend who drives a tow truck? Hehe. Free safe.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Best to invest in a 'gun safe door' like Browning and other places offer. For the cost of a safe, you have a WHOLE ROOM for your stuff.

Yes, you need a 'sturdy' room, but anyone with basic carpentry skills can make a room you couldn't enter even with a sledgehammer and chainsaw. Make it of block (AND something else to make it sledgehammer-proof) and the proper inside materials, and it will be fire-resistant too. Keep your best or less-often-used guns in a safe inside that room.

Keep your frequently-used ones in a safe outside the room.

Keep some old crappy ones in a glass-front case for burglars if your alarm system and doors fail.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Browning and other safes.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I have three saves none are newer then 65 years . Our first was used in a clothing factory for keeping protypes , its large enough for four grown men to fit inside with the doors closed . If memory serves it was made in the 1890’s . We put cheap paneling on the interior walls , carpet on the floor and made boards that are easy to remove/replace elevated about 36-40 inches above the floor . I’ve had as many as 90 long guns in there at a time , not that many slots but all the slots are cut large for easy in and out of side by side shotguns , it also has a fair number of handguns hanging on the walls and several sabers hanging in the ceiling . This safe is extra tall so it works great for ML muskets and has 30-40 in it now . Our second safe was a 1950’s office safe , we gutted it and did the same inside as the big safe , this one would be hard for a grown man to fit with door closed but it holds I think it’s 16 long guns . The third a last gun friendly safe we got came from a friend that lived close to Philly he traded it to me before he moved to Wyoming and again it’s a 1950’s office safe , they had gutted it before I acquired it and carpeted the floor , I put in the same type pigeon hole thing up 36-40 inches above the floor . I think maybe two men could fit with doors closed provided I took the high shelf out , but this third one has holes large enough for double barrels and 90% of what’s in their are SxS or O/U this one holds thirtysix long guns . That’s the lockable stuff and at the moment I have some overflow in my grandfathers and fathers old gun cabinets in my bedroom as well as several handguns in cases . Hmmmm I got like this ten years ago and thinned the herd , perhaps it’s time again ! Civil War muskets will most likely be the first should I start selling again LOL’s :lol:
Last edited by 6pt-sika on Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

My collection will look pretty pathetic along side you guys. But these are all the long arms I use these days. Rossi 92 357, a little chiappa double badger in 22LR/410, and a crossbow taken down in the corner. The safe is a generic brand 11 gun safe bolted to the wall with solid 1/4" steel all sides. No bank safe but 1/4" steel is the minimum to resist prying and manual tools.

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Nothing cool at all. Just 3 plain old safes.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I don’t own any relics. Mine are from a local firm (or it was). One is a triangular number that fits nicely in a corner. The other is a conventional rectangle. Nothing electronic, just good old tumbler lock.

Could they be stolen. Yea, once you unbolt them and have enough people and equipment. The stairs were abit difficult going in.

Could they be broken into. Sure with the right tool, skill and time. Fortunately most burglars don’t have those.

I’m not too concerned about fire (one of the benefits of a previous career is knowing the value of sprinklers). Earthquake is the only real concern. If the house comes down and they end up face down...
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

jeepnik wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:05 pm Earthquake is the only real concern. If the house comes down and they end up face down...
Just plain s...u...c...k...s to live on the left coast !

Tsk tsk tsk :lol:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I keep em in my gun room. Kinda a walk in safe.
Besides, I hardly ever leave the room. :D
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Jay, I like it. Next time we can meet at Sixgun’s and with a little distraction technique both add to our collections.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Yessirree!
It's just a buffalo coat away........... :D
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I haven't lost much sleep worrying about my guns. The safes are in the basement, which took a come along and tackle to lower down the steps from the garage. Then there's the locked door to the room, the house, and the alarm system. So I'm not paranoid, just covering my bases. Oh, and the sprinkler system and smoke detector in the gun room in case of a fire.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Shrapnel
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Shrapnel »

Mostly in a safe. I had them out for inventory and they filled up a room...

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Nice!