New Pepperbox .22 Coming Soon

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

New Pepperbox .22 Coming Soon

Post by Pete44ru »

Yet another Sharp's clone coming on the market (previously made by several different overseas companies).

Iver Johnson has announced that they're finally going to start production of a stainless steel Sharps-type 4-barrel pepperbox .22 in May (2019).

(They have apologized for the delays since this gun was previously announced)

It will have 3 different grip material options (Dymondwood - Oak, Black or Rosewood).

https://iverjohnsonarms.com/derringers.html

YMMV, but I like that it's stainless, and think it's a neat little gun, and can only hope that it will function well.

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New Pepperbox .22 Coming Soon

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Ditto on the "hope it works well" -- and that it is reasonably accurate.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

that looks like fun.

I'm still kicking myself that I didn't buy this when it was retail:

they are rather dear now

I wonder how reliable they are if anyone has one . . .
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsiE8ABiztU

Moriarty stuck to Holmes (and Watson) like a leech or lamprey until the fatal scene at reichenbach falls.

Just think, a quick four shots from the little sharps could have sped things along!
m.A.g.a. !
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Grizz wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:50 am that looks like fun.

I'm still kicking myself that I didn't buy this when it was retail:

they are rather dear now

I wonder how reliable they are if anyone has one . . .
A hunting uncle had one circa early 1980s.....I had to use the middle finger to manipulate the heavy trigger.

Never actually hit anything but the caliche shale pit berm with it but it was a flamethrower with full .357 loads.

This had to be in late 1981 or early 1982 because we moved far away from there in the summer of 1982.

I'm not sure when COP inc. was formed or when the guns were actually shipped but the Hilburg patent for the improvement on the ratcheting firing pin system of sharps and later mossberg brownie was granted in 1983. Absolutely sure I shot one at least one year earlier than that.
m.A.g.a. !
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Looks cute, but I'd rather have a compact .22 semiauto handgun. More shots in the same size.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
ChuteTheMall
Levergunner

Post by ChuteTheMall »

This isn't the first year that Iver Johnson announced they would finally produce this pepperbox. I'll believe it when I see it. :shock:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The little 22 would be fun. I'd prefer the NAA 22 WMR mini-revolver for defensive use, but there is an appeal to the pepperbox due to the history of such little guns.

As far as the COP 357 Mag, a friend bought his wife one, and she loved it, probably because it was so unique, and she liked to flaunt eccentricity, but I shot it in the late 1980's I think, and the trigger pull was definitely terrible. Of course it was intended as an arms-length defensive gun, and for that it wouldn't matter much, and the heavier trigger would be safer in pocket or purse.

Interesting how much technology has improved the 'pocket pistol' - for the size and heft of that 4-shot 357 with a clunky trigger pull and dubious accuracy, one can now carry a 12-shot double-stack 1911 in 45 ACP, and for the overall size of the 22 LR pepperbox, I think my 6+1 shot 9mm SIG 938 would be about the same size. Going by weight, the NAA 22 WMR probably weighs less than the pepperbox, and is smaller.

Still I like the little pepperbox. If someone gets one, I hope they post a Range Report...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

marlinman93 wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:44 am Looks cute, but I'd rather have a compact .22 semiauto handgun. More shots in the same size.
Almost my thoughts...I went with the 317 AirLite 8 shot...My very first EDC.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I'm still with the LCP. Seven up and 10 in the spare, equal to the XD with full size mag, so around 32 rounds between them when I have both onboard.....
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Grizz wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:16 am I'm still with the LCP. Seven up and 10 in the spare, equal to the XD with full size mag, so around 32 rounds between them when I have both onboard.....
Do you have an extended mag(s)? The 0nly ones I know of are 6+1. :? :?

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

BlaineG wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:48 pm
Grizz wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:16 am I'm still with the LCP. Seven up and 10 in the spare, equal to the XD with full size mag, so around 32 rounds between them when I have both onboard.....
Yes I have one ten round pro-mag, but now that the state has gone crazy I'm going to get some more.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product ... 9009013.do

and a 15 round version:

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/promag-lcp- ... azine.html
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

Pete44ru wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:35 am .

YMMV, but I like that it's stainless, and think it's a neat little gun, and can only hope that it will function well.

a little company, I think it was called HJS, made one just like that in stainless steel...I have one and it is a very reliable and fairly accurate little thing
cable
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

"A hunting uncle had one circa early 1980s.....I had to use the middle finger to manipulate the heavy trigger.

Never actually hit anything but the caliche shale pit berm with it but it was a flamethrower with full .357 loads."

ah, the infamous COP [supposedly meant 'compact off duty police' }

I bought one back then,....the trigger pull was atrocious right out of the box....but, if you kept on using it ...it got WORSE and worse !

a friend who kept using his, said it eventually would not work at all.......I kept mine for years, and sold it for lots more than I paid....told the guy how bad it was....but he had bought into the legend and wouldn't believe me.
cable
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Grizz wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:34 am
BlaineG wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:48 pm
Yes I have one ten round pro-mag, but now that the state has gone crazy I'm going to get some more.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product ... 9009013.do

and a 15 round version:

https://gunmagwarehouse.com/promag-lcp- ... azine.html
LOL...I think we had this exchange of info last month, but then again, I have trouble remembering what I had for breakfast yesterday....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I guess I need lots of repetition. LOL life is funny times some times