Well that was dumb

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Well that was dumb

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Had an old Remington Model 141 in .35 Remington on consignment back in Oregon for a couple of years, and sent for it. Wanted to clean and inspect the bore. Dismounted the butt and trigger section, pumped the slide back to open the action, then ran a couple of patches of Break Free down the tube from the muzzle end. Bore was spotless, so I ran a dry patch down and managed to dislodge the breech bolt assembly from the slide assembly. Checking Youtube, this is going to take some fiddling to get back together ...

need face-in-palm emoticon ...

:cry: :lol:
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Well that was dumb

Post by piller »

I think most of us have done something similar.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

While I was in gummsmiff skool our final exam each semester was to draw 2 guns from a hat. 1 to take completely apart and pass to whoever drew it to reassemble. I don't remember what I got to disassemble but I drew the Remington 3200 O/U shotgun. I had an ACE in the hole, I owned 2 of them and had taken a summer class on competition shotguns. I set a record for speed reassembling that shotgun- all 140 odd parts!!

I have faith you can do it Bill!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Can't be too hard Bill.....common hunting guns are usually made for the average guy to take apart and reassemble....

I believe I have every assemble/disassemble book put out by J.B. Wood along with other authors and along with several books on exploded diagrams.

If you still have a problem let me know...I have the books and a 141 down in the dungeon.--6
Model A Uzi’s
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:oops: My bête noire was a Browning .22 Auto. I never did find where that little steel BB went. Company said don't worry about it, just make sure the barrel was always tight. :shock: :shock:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Uh.... Bill, it can't take much fiddling to get it back together. Most of us 14/141 owners take go ahead and take the breech bolt out as part of the "take-down" procedure so we can clean from the breech end. Better send it to me and I'll keep it safe for you until you get back to Oregon.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Earl, what a kind offer, amigo! :lol:
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Well thanks to Youtube and a Numrich Arms schematic, I got her back together again.