Lubrisizer Day

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Lubrisizer Day

Post by 6pt-sika »

Yesterday morning I cast 300 of the NOE 40-181 PB and 300 of the NOE 40-198 PB . So today I’ll see if I can’t get them all sized and lubed 8)
97BB985B-646A-4A3C-85E1-2D7F34CF1719.jpeg
F56DCEE3-9616-4190-8BC5-FA42AACA60A2.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Lubrisizer Day

Post by J Miller »

Those look nice. I'll bet they shoot as good too.

I've been looking for a bullet with the big flat nose like that for my .45 Colt guns.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

Yes , lubing and sizing is a PITA for me. I have to be in the mood. It’s getting to be the same way with powder coating.
I don’t hate it ,just have to be in the mood. Warm weather helps me get in the mood.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I have mostly switched to the NOE sizing system and that.. to me, is less frustrating. I still powder coat some and size and lube some.
I am gonna place an order with NOE this weekend for a couple more sizers.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Chuck 100 yd wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:53 am Yes , lubing and sizing is a PITA for me. I have to be in the mood. It’s getting to be the same way with powder coating.
I don’t hate it ,just have to be in the mood. Warm weather helps me get in the mood.
I really really really love gas check bullets and just about all the 44 cal stuff I cast is gas check .

However ………………………………………., these plain base bullets are a veritable ease to size/lube .

So far I only cast plain base for the 45 ACP and 10mm .
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I really should look for a mould for my 41. Dont know what weight I want though....
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:30 pm I really should look for a mould for my 41. Dont know what weight I want though....
The Lyman 210 grain SWC GC worked well for me once I found Gator gas checks .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Just finished lubrisizing !
15721C0A-7189-4AFD-BC9E-EA0DA6171315.jpeg
94441A8B-A421-44CE-9576-81C10146D7F7.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Always good to get that job done. 8)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Don't you wish you would have just coughed up the cash and bought a Star? I too have an old Lyman and spend all those expensive hours sizing/lubing my stuff, constantly wishing I hadn't sold my push thru machine. Guess I could buy or make another.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I think I saw a 250 mould, ranch dog maybe...?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

M. M. Wright wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:38 pm Don't you wish you would have just coughed up the cash and bought a Star? I too have an old Lyman and spend all those expensive hours sizing/lubing my stuff, constantly wishing I hadn't sold my push thru machine. Guess I could buy or make another.
No , the Lyman’s are okay , I actually have a pair of 4500’s and a 45 .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:04 pm I think I saw a 250 mould, ranch dog maybe...?
I don’t remember the weight of his 41 mold , I had two of the 41 molds that were NIB . Never used them and sold them still NIB .
Chuck 100 yd
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Chuck 100 yd »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:30 pm I really should look for a mould for my 41. Dont know what weight I want though....
I cast the RCBS 215 gr. semi wadcutter. For my .41’s . They shoot very good in my Rutgers.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

What's the big deal using a slower lubrisizer like the RCBS or Lyman? OK....once or twice a month it takes a couple of hours of your time...we all spend that much everyday on mindless entertainment such as TV or posting on Leverguns.--6
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

guido4198
Senior Levergunner

Post by guido4198 »

Sixgun wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:39 pm What's the big deal using a slower lubrisizer like the RCBS or Lyman? OK....once or twice a month it takes a couple of hours of your time...we all spend that much everyday on mindless entertainment such as TV or posting on Leverguns.--6
Exactly. I've found it works best for me to do my lubesizing chores in increments...not try to do'em all at one marathon sitting.
Casting the same way..once I get my bench cleared and "set up" for casting...a couple hundred at a time using a double cavity mold will quickly mount up into a BUNCH of shiny new bullets ready to load.
:D
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

guido4198 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:57 am
Sixgun wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:39 pm What's the big deal using a slower lubrisizer like the RCBS or Lyman? OK....once or twice a month it takes a couple of hours of your time...we all spend that much everyday on mindless entertainment such as TV or posting on Leverguns.--6
Exactly. I've found it works best for me to do my lubesizing chores in increments...not try to do'em all at one marathon sitting.
Casting the same way..once I get my bench cleared and "set up" for casting...a couple hundred at a time using a double cavity mold will quickly mount up into a BUNCH of shiny new bullets ready to load.
:D
You need to increase your productivity . I used a pair of 5 cavity molds and cast the 600 in about three hours even with interruptions from people coming in the shop Thursday . And to be honest I don’t think sizing took to much longer yesterday . Let me see how my muscles and joints feel Monday , if not to bad I might just cast 600 more ! I know I’m going to cast 75 or so with the NOE 12 gauge Lyman Sabot but with the solid base . That molds a 4 cavity so that should go pretty quick then empty the pot and change alloys . I use straight WW’s for the pistol bullets and 50/50 WW’s/pure for the slugs usually .
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

like 6 Point, I too, use multiple cavity moulds....usually running 2 four cavity moulds at a time with a 22 lb furnace with 30 lbs all melted on a gas stove next to the furnace. I usually burn through 50 pounds of alloy at a sitting which is anywhere from 2 hours to six hours. On selective bullets like the long 30 calibers where only two cavity moulds are available I'll sometimes run two moulds of the same or something else.

The thought of me replacing my sizing equipment gives me the heebi-jeebies ......I started with RCBS , along with Lyman and most likely will end with that. I started this game when I was 18 when it was hard to find two pennies to rub together and the thought of a Star was like having the thought of a new truck/Jeep to drive. Yea...that was 46 years ago with no let up and just a slight slow down.

Well...nice day..70 degrees and sunshine ☀️ got another load of wood coming....---6

These are the ones I use...have more laying around...to replace this would mean I'd have to sell an '86....and dat ain't happen'!

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Sixgun wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:52 am like 6 Point, I too, use multiple cavity moulds....usually running 2 four cavity moulds at a time with a 22 lb furnace with 30 lbs all melted on a gas stove next to the furnace. I usually burn through 50 pounds of alloy at a sitting which is anywhere from 2 hours to six hours. On selective bullets like the long 30 calibers where only two cavity moulds are available I'll sometimes run two moulds of the same or something else.

The thought of me replacing my sizing equipment gives me the heebi-jeebies ......I started with RCBS , along with Lyman and most likely will end with that. I started this game when I was 18 when it was hard to find two pennies to rub together and the thought of a Star was like having the thought of a new truck/Jeep to drive. Yea...that was 46 years ago with no let up and just a slight slow down.

Well...nice day..70 degrees and sunshine ☀️ got another load of wood coming....---6

These are the ones I use...have more laying around...to replace this would mean I'd have to sell an '86....and dat ain't happen'!

I take great comfort in having “stuff” much like yourself , all be it yours is a lot neater then my own accumulation. And I have many friends that tell me I’m nuts being able and doing the various things to keep my junk shooting , well that is until one of them asks me “can you make me” blah blah blah :lol:
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

I hear ya 6 Point.....it's called "independence". Great feeling ain't it? Don't believe there's anything out there you and I can't make go "bang"....and accurately too.....maybe not full power and maybe not rimfire but good enough to penetrate a two legged varmint a football field away. :D --6

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Cast more today first 80+ of the solid base Lyman Sabot Slug from a four cavity NOE mold 50/50 WW/Pure then 300 of both NIE bullets for the 10mm from straight WW’s . By. Y estimation the whole fiasco took about three hours .
56A3EC3A-BDB0-42C8-BAFA-EF809DA22A84.jpeg
47B9753A-07A5-4F03-9A66-598450432BA1.jpeg
2A2386F9-FEFA-44BF-89EC-3ACC07F4BA32.jpeg
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

CA24C630-9EE5-4A08-A095-23618D2480B5.jpeg