Kittery Trading Post.......

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Kittery Trading Post.......

Post by Ray »

Kittery Maine.....

https://www.kitterytradingpost.com/new- ... used-guns/

Is listing 43 used leveraction rifles as I type this......

24 are Marlins.....including sometime hard to find .357 and .44s.....
m.A.g.a. !
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Kittery Trading Post.......

Post by JOG »

The best store I have ever been in! The largest fire arm shop on the east coast. If your looking for something, KTP will have it.
Sometimes a little pricey. You could spend 3 or 4 hours in there!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Inhave bought several rifles there over the years.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I don't get down there very often. It's a long drive.
It is fun to go look, though. Takes a long time to go through the guns.
Couple years ago, they had 3 1876's there. One was a beautiful 50-95 Express. :mrgreen:
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I was there once, back in 96. Didn't have much time to wander as we were heading to a fish camp. I bought some Federal Olympic.22 ammo, worst shooting stuff ever!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
JRD
Levergunner 2.0

Post by JRD »

They have a huge amount of guns in stock. The best part is most of the long guns are on racks in aisles that you can handle. The higher priced long guns are behind the counters as well as handguns, but there are probably a thousand long guns in the racks to check out. You can search their inventory online too.
Prices are not super cheap and they don't haggle. They have the traffic through their store to know guns will sell as priced.

I've bought two long guns from them after scouting online and then going to the store in person to check the guns out. Because they were what I wanted, I paid their price. They were very efficient and courteous to deal with as far as coordinating shipping to my local FFL. I believe they do quite a volume and have the process down. Guns were packed in a plastic hard case, inside a cardboard box. They must buy the plastic cases by the pallet for all the guns they ship. Shipping was reasonably priced considering the packing they do.

They have two other floors of outdoor related clothes and fishing stuff too. When we are able to make the trip, my wife is happy to browse the clothes and other stuff as I get my eyes full of guns.

Even if you don't plan on buying a gun, it's still an enjoyable time to browse through the used gun racks. I've never been in another gun store with as many used guns that you can handle.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Ah, KTP...................

Been shopping there for 50+ years or so...

Can't comment on how many guns I've bought, sold or traded there -- but it's a LOT!!

Anyone else remember the early 70's store before they went "upscale retail ala L.L. (u know who)" when the old floors creaked, the stuff was packed in boxes or on shelves and it was fun to root around in the "used stuff for sale" bin -- oh yeah, the bargains that I've gotten there over the years.

For those who sell/trade guns, what I've learned is that if a used gun is worth $1,000 at retail, Cabela's might offer $550 or up to $600 (based on the buyer), while KTP will typically offer $600. But if you want "store credit" as a trade -- you'd get $800 in value. I've done a lot of dealing that way, to try out different makes or actions, and then to move on to something else later.

See "Dave" in the trade corner if you want to deal with a straight-shooter (pun intended) who knows his stuff but is very fair and reasonable to deal with always.

Good luck!

Old No7
Last edited by Old No7 on Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I'd love to poke my head in that door. Have bought from them online as well.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

I've never bought a gun there, but it's fun to look.
I have bought cartridge conversions for my Dillon and things like that. It's probably the only place in the whole state that stocks stuff like that.
I don't think I've been there in 4 years.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

That place is only 2 hours from me.

DANGER,DANGER,DANGER!!

(What's that flippin' noise?!? :o Oh - it's only my wallet having convulsions. :lol: )

Talk about a toy store....... They don't haggle, but their prices are
not unfair. On a holiday weekend it's hard to even get in the place.

-Stretch
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

Not only all that, but if you go there in the Summer, there's many killer lobsta/clam shacks/restaurants all over the place ! . :mrgreen:

Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

I must admit a bit of envy for you guys who live near there (and bob's clam hut) but then I think about the winters and the anti-gun states that you sometimes have to visit.

I have bought dozens of guns from them over the years. The first three or four configurations of their website(s) did not allow ordering.....you still had to call the gun department. The current website is going through growing pains but works well if you can get through the robot/spam filters....how many traffic lights in this photo? etc......

They have a serious lack of communication between customer service and online sales and the gun department. The last gun I bought was delayed shipping-out because the f.f.l. I use was not verified by the online sales boss lady even though the f.f.l. was on file in the gun department's computer. When it works online it works but when it doesn't, you should have just called the gun desk to begin with. The guys you talk to in the gun department are all nice but they're more helpful after the dept. manager leaves at 1700. So from 1700 till they close at 2100 is the best time to call. If they can run the credit card transaction that night, they will but often they hold the gun for you and ask you to call the next a.m.

I have to disagree somewhat on the haggling issue. It depends on who you talk to. Like I said above, the late night guys are quite helpful. Often an online coupon code of anywhere from 15% to 40% can be found if they think their boss has way overpriced a used gun. For example, they showed a lyman great plains pistol for $475. I brought it to their attention that it sells new for $300. They concluded that the boss had referenced the rifle price by mistake when he looked-up the value. I got it for $250 + shipping. Not all that great of a deal compared to new elsewhere but $225 less than listed.
m.A.g.a. !
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

After 1700 hrs., eh?

Thanks for the tip, Ray! :D
..... then I think about the winters.....
This winter was a long, icy one. And the frost heaves and potholes
this season are awe-inspiring. Like the Dolomites, but without the
smooth sections and passes........

-Stretch
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I went to Maine one year for deer season it was 96-98 in there somewhere . Stopped at KTP and looked around bought a couple small items and across the street to the Lobster House , darn good lobster dinner for less then $10 .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !