"Just a Few Rattlesnakes Under the House..."

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

"Just a Few Rattlesnakes Under the House..."

Post by Old No7 »

Yeah, just a FEW -- right!?!?! Right................

From US Today -- see below... :shock:

Old No7

A Texas Homeowner Saw a "Few Rattlesnakes" and Called for Help...

* * The removal company found 45 of them * *

Texas homeowners thought there were a few snakes under their home, but a snake removal company soon recorded video of their hours-long work to remove 45 rattlesnakes from under the house. The video was shot near Abilene, Texas, on March 13, Nathan Hawkins — owner of Big Country Snake Removal — told USA TODAY in a series of Facebook messages on Tuesday.

The company posted the nearly 18-minute long video to Facebook on Sunday, and it has been viewed more than 300,000 times there. It shows Hawkins and a partner working to remove snake after snake from a cramped space under the home. The company's Facebook post says the owner discovered a "few" snakes while attempting to fix a TV or cable issue under the home.

When Big Country Snake Removal arrived, they found a well-kept yard and a neat house. The company warned that many homeowners "don’t think it can happen to them." But "rattlesnakes don’t care how nice your house is or what kind car you drive- they care simply about survival."

The video shows Hawkins using an extended tool to pick up the snakes. As he does, the reptiles react — sometimes using their rattles, sometimes slithering away, sometimes showing their fangs. Here's the Link to the Video shot by Big Country Snake Removal's Nathan Hawkins on March 13 near Abilene, Texas which shows the company removing dozens of snakes from beneath a home. While the video has gained media attention, Hawkins said in a written message that the company regularly deals with similar situations: "This is nothing. We do this all the time."

The largest snake removed from the premises was 5 1/2 feet long, according to Hawkins.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Re: "Just a Few Rattlesnakes Under the House..."

Post by Pete44ru »

Creepy, if not dangerous for the homeowner...…

Reminds me of a friend with a place in SW Florida - he had a nest of black snakes living under his lanai (patio), which used to come/go regularly. :shock:

piller
Posting leader...

Re: "Just a Few Rattlesnakes Under the House..."

Post by piller »

The link to that was also in the recent topic rattlesnakes.
I try to let snakes be when I am out in the wild. When they get where they are in my yard, I move the non-venomous ones to the creek nearby if they are peaceable. Venomous or easily angered snakes get chopped up and disposed of where the neighbor kids won't get hurt. We have bunches of a little grass snake here that is mild mannered and non-venomous. They are a milk chocolate brown on top and pale yellow underneath. They eat bugs. I have never had one in the house, and they seem to have no fear of me. I kind of think they are willing to just kill bugs and avoid most interactions with us. They are safe from me. I have killed a copperhead in the front yard. It was aggressive to PillHer.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost