I got this from 'Smile.Amazon.com'

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

I got this from 'Smile.Amazon.com'

Post by AJMD429 »

This does show that it IS easy to make a difference.... 8)

This is your quarterly AmazonSmile Impact Report for Oct 1 - Dec 31, 2018. This report recaps your recent AmazonSmile activities and the donations you've generated for charity. Your charity, Gun Owners Foundation, recently received a quarterly donation of $14,626.98 thanks to customers shopping at https://smile.amazon.com/.

From Oct 1 - Dec 31, 2018:
1 of your Amazon purchases supported charity
100.0% of your Amazon orders were placed at smile.amazon.com in support of charity.
Thanks to customers like you, AmazonSmile has donated a total of:
$83,700.84 to Gun Owners Foundation
$124,651,081.04 to all charities

Thank you for supporting Gun Owners Foundation by shopping at smile.amazon.com. You can track your impact throughout the year at your My Impact page.

You don't really have to do ANYTHING other than change your sign-in to the 'smile.amazon.com' one.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Re: I got this from 'Smile.Amazon.com'

Post by Pisgah »

This sounds good, and I certainly hope it is true. However, these days my cynicism has grown to the point where I am increasingly skeptical over things like this, as well as the organizations they purport to support. But even assuming that Gun Owners and NRA are 100% legit, I prefer making my donations, such as they are, straight to the organization and not to any retailer who simply makes the claim that they donate.
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

I use the SMILE.AMAZON address when I shop there. My donation goes to the second amendment Foundation.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I have Prime and I'm not sure what you're talking about. :oops: :oops:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

BlaineG wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:20 am I have Prime and I'm not sure what you're talking about. :oops: :oops:
From Bing.....

What is Amazon Smile?
Amazon Smile: Amazon.com’s New Charitable Website. Amazon.com now has a new website that allows users to pick a charity and donate .5% of every purchase to it. It’s simple enough to access, though it does not appear at present that Amazon is promoting it on their home page.
m.A.g.a. !
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Ray wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:42 pm
BlaineG wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:20 am I have Prime and I'm not sure what you're talking about. :oops: :oops:
From Bing.....

What is Amazon Smile?
Amazon Smile: Amazon.com’s New Charitable Website. Amazon.com now has a new website that allows users to pick a charity and donate .5% of every purchase to it. It’s simple enough to access, though it does not appear at present that Amazon is promoting it on their home page.
Thanks....Up until now I never looked for it because I'd never heard of it...Say, ever hear about them new-fangled colored tvs?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

BlaineG wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:15 pm
Ray wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:42 pm
From Bing.....

What is Amazon Smile?

Thanks....Up until now I never looked for it because I'd never heard of it...Say, ever hear about them new-fangled colored tvs?
Never heard of it either till this post and I looked it up.....
m.A.g.a. !
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

I have used it for quite a few years, supporting Iris Global.
cnjarvis
Senior Levergunner

Post by cnjarvis »

Rusty wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:46 pm I use the SMILE.AMAZON address when I shop there. My donation goes to the second amendment Foundation.
Me too.