interesting example......

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

interesting example......

Post by Ray »

of the "gameness" and resilience of the cape buffalo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2iz8KDZcxE
m.A.g.a. !
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: interesting example......

Post by GunnyMack »

My high school biology teacher had a cape buff skull. 3 bullet holes in the skull, 2 of which were partly closed up with regrown bone. The third was the fatal bullet.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Yes, and mine had an inch wide hole from my .405 through the heart and began walking away, so I had to break the pelvis to drop it.
Then it crawled 15-20 yards before death bellow. :shock:
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

An inch wide hole through the heart should stop most animals. I once shot a deer through the heart with my .270 and it jumped 3 long jumps before piling up like a bunch of bread dough. The bullet actually cut across the top of the heart and cut off all blood circulation. That was pretty impressive, but not even close to what Cape Buffalo can do. The Wildebeest I shot in Africa took some major damage before it went down. A .45-70 405 grain Hawk bullet through the pelvis which travelled forward and broke a rib before lodging in the right shoulder. A second one that broke a rib on the right side and one on the left. It took a .308 round right to left that went through the heart from the guide. It ran another 150 yards and turned to fight. We got close and I put two more .45-70 through it low in the chest before it suddenly dropped straight down. Wildebeest are known to be tough, but they don't have the size of a Buffalo. The animals in Africa are tough.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost