Best way to find an old friend....?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Best way to find an old friend....?

Post by AJMD429 »

In this day of internet, "everyone" is on FaceBook....but not me.

Telephone books aren't useful any more, because so few people have 'land-lines' any more.

I live in my home town, and would like to find one of my old teachers who I'm suspecting lives around here still.

When I get on line to search, I get all these 'teasers' that allow you to type in someone's name, and then it will tell you how many dozens of people are 'possible matches', but of course you have to pay $19.95 to 'join' for the information.

Has anyone used these things before....? Are there better ways to (re)connect with people you know from years ago....?

I did have one of my kids try to search for the teacher on FaceBook, but they didn't find any presence there.

Ideas...?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Best way to find an old friend....?

Post by GunnyMack »

I tried the same thing but I refuse to pay!
Suppose you could go to town hall, look at the tax maps as you might find them there. Go back to your school and tell them you would like to know if the person you are looking for is still around. If they are leave your contact info with them asking if they will start the ball rolling.
Or just start knocking on doors! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I had to find somebody from nursing school Nurses have licenses went on the state license board and there he was. Do teachers have licenses in your State? Dunno just a thought? Even if it’s not current should have a last known address.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
claybob86
Senior Levergunner

Post by claybob86 »

I have access to a couple of services I use for work to locate people. If you want me to try to help, PM me the name and suspected location and I'll see what turns up.
Have you hugged your rifle today?
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

Most county and city judicial systems have computer access for the public you could search through. Remember to do Civil, criminal, and traffic. Next, some locations have what is called a Criss Cross that list everyone in town. Finally, try the property records, Good luck.
It is not the critic who counts
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

When is the last time anyone received a landline phone directory ?

The phone company claims that the directory is out of date before it is even printed due to the masses abandoning landline service for cells.....

If there is a hardcopy or online cell directory, I've yet to see one.

I used to find people quite easily on whitepages.com but the last few times I tried, the phone numbers, both landline and cell were redacted with a pitch to subscribe to "premium" - starting at $19.99......
m.A.g.a. !
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

This worked pretty well for me.

Didn't ask for money or nuttin'........

https://www.anywho.com/whitepages

-Stretch
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

I use Duck Duck go as a search engine and the few names I searched just now came up, try using that search engine.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:38 pm In this day of internet, "everyone" is on FaceBook....but not me.

Telephone books aren't useful any more, because so few people have 'land-lines' any more.

I live in my home town, and would like to find one of my old teachers who I'm suspecting lives around here still.

When I get on line to search, I get all these 'teasers' that allow you to type in someone's name, and then it will tell you how many dozens of people are 'possible matches', but of course you have to pay $19.95 to 'join' for the information.

Has anyone used these things before....? Are there better ways to (re)connect with people you know from years ago....?

I did have one of my kids try to search for the teacher on FaceBook, but they didn't find any presence there.

Ideas...?
Maybe the local teacher's union office could help....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV