The Cimarron Model 1894

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

The Cimarron Model 1894

Post by Pete44ru »

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/produ ... rbine.html

Only $1,110.33...…. :roll:

IDK if it has a rebounder, but I don't see an extra safety (tang or cross bolt).

J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: The Cimarron Model 1894

Post by J Miller »

Pete44ru wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:02 pm .

https://www.cimarron-firearms.com/produ ... rbine.html

Only $1,110.33...…. :roll:

IDK if it has a rebounder, but I don't see an extra safety (tang or cross bolt).

Hmmmm, by the looks of the hammer position it doesn't look like a rebounder. Wish I had the wherewithal to find out :D

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

I remember seeing an upclose video of one being shown at SHOT SHOW and it definitely did not appear to have a rebounding hammer. While I applaud their effort to re-create the 1894 Carbine (is this supposed to be a SRC?), they should at least get the front barrel band in the correct location (a little more forward) and add a ladder rear sight. The buttplate looks great.
veeman
Levergunner 2.0

Post by veeman »

I'd prefer one in rifle form, with shotgun butt, 32-40.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

kaschi wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:47 pm I remember seeing an upclose video of one being shown at SHOT SHOW and it definitely did not appear to have a rebounding hammer. While I applaud their effort to re-create the 1894 Carbine (is this supposed to be a SRC?), they should at least get the front barrel band in the correct location (a little more forward) and add a ladder rear sight. The buttplate looks great.
Yup.........they killed it right there.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

KIA has a nice model that resembles a Mercedes.....Just sayin'. :wink:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

I just don't see paying that much for a knock off 94 when there are still plenty real ones out there at much better prices. Esp 30-30 carbines.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Rube Burrows wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:34 am I just don't see paying that much for a knock off 94 when there are still plenty real ones out there at much better prices. Esp 30-30 carbines.
"IF" it is patterned after the pre-64 internally then I can sorta see the MSRP. There arn't many really nice examples of pre-64s out there for shooters. They are either worn junk, pristine collectables or somethings wrong with it.
My mint 1950 carbine is an example. When I bought it the were no signs of use what so ever, still new gun tight, but it splits case necks like crazy. It has a defective chamber and will have to be rebarreled.

Had I the cash I'd search for a good original first, but I'd be willing to give one of these a chance.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Rube Burrows
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rube Burrows »

J Miller wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:59 am
Rube Burrows wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:34 am I just don't see paying that much for a knock off 94 when there are still plenty real ones out there at much better prices. Esp 30-30 carbines.
"IF" it is patterned after the pre-64 internally then I can sorta see the MSRP. There arn't many really nice examples of pre-64s out there for shooters. They are either worn junk, pristine collectables or somethings wrong with it.
My mint 1950 carbine is an example. When I bought it the were no signs of use what so ever, still new gun tight, but it splits case necks like crazy. It has a defective chamber and will have to be rebarreled.

Had I the cash I'd search for a good original first, but I'd be willing to give one of these a chance.

Joe
You mean with forged parts rather than stamped and other quality parts?

I could have a better time with the price if they were done to real Pre-64 specs for sure.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sun May 30, 2021 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

In defense of Cimarron Arms , maybe an E-mail or phone call is in order. I am not as experienced as most of the members here but Cimarron has tried to keep the guns of the old west alive for quite some time . I would think We need All of the Help We can get. and I don't want Winchester to come back unless We can raise the Dead......the last model 94 I bought made in the USA by USRAC was a total .cow chip. :twisted: . https://www.americanrifleman.org/articl ... -westerns/
gak
Senior Levergunner

Post by gak »

kaschi wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:47 pm I remember seeing an upclose video of one being shown at SHOT SHOW and it definitely did not appear to have a rebounding hammer. While I applaud their effort to re-create the 1894 Carbine (is this supposed to be a SRC?), they should at least get the front barrel band in the correct location (a little more forward) and add a ladder rear sight. The buttplate looks great.
I noticed that too...ditto the Miroku 94 SRCs...why go to all the trouble to make it just 85% correct?Someone else posed the question, to paraphrase, why get one of these when the "real" Pre 64s abound? Answer: these are not "just" to (mostly) Pre 64 spec but apparently are (again mostly) Pre War carbines, an iconic subset that hasn't been made in the suggested configuration (appx 1894-early 1930s SRC), especially without the lawyerly stuff, since "then."....These aren't nearly as plentiful, certainly <$1500 in good cosmetic and shooting condition--with presumably the latest metallurgy---or without beating up a current and future heirloom. And, I would add Cimarron should have the front barrelband, a lot further forward (and placed just ahead of the front sight) They've got it all backwards, the band basically back where standard Pre and Post 64s are (and late Pre Wars).
Carlsen Highway
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Carlsen Highway »

I would get one if they did one in .38-55. No chance of getting a Winchester in that chambering round here. I would be interested in a rifle version too.
A person who carries a cat home by the tail, will receive information that will always be useful to them.
Mark Twain