Beretta following Taurus' lead....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Beretta following Taurus' lead....

Post by AJMD429 »

I chose the Taurus over the Beretta because I like the 1911-style thumb safety.

But now Beretta is making another run of that style...

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2019/03/18/i ... on-pistol/

Maybe they will keep this model up and in production. I think the design is WAY more ergonomic than the push-forward one.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Re: Beretta following Taurus' lead....

Post by J Miller »

AJMD429 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:36 am I chose the Taurus over the Beretta because I like the 1911-style thumb safety.

But now Beretta is making another run of that style...

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2019/03/18/i ... on-pistol/

Maybe they will keep this model up and in production. I think the design is WAY more ergonomic than the push-forward one.

I like the Taurus more, but for one thing, the hooked front of the trigger guard. Never did like that design feature.

Did you notice:
The Taurus grip is curved on the back and straight on the front, but the Beretta is the opposite? I wonder how this would change the "feel" of the pistol when shooting it?

The top of the slide on both is open like the old Walther P38?

I think I like the Taurus better by the way it looks. More conservative, less busy to my eyes. Ther's too many groves, notches and angles on the Beretta.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Liking that thumb safety as well, but always found the 92 huge for a 9mm -- and the Beretta does look garishly "busy."
Funny, but when I briefly worked at a Sportsmans Warehouse gun counter back about 2008, we had a lot of customers who were just back or home on leave from Iraq and Afghanistan and they craved to handle anything except the M-9. Didn't want to have anything to do with it.
David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

I see a lot of people gravitating to the CZ 75, another pistol that if you can't hit them throw it at them.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

[/quote}

The top of the slide on both is open like the old Walther P38?

[/quote]

Yep. The P-38 was one of the designs the 92 was based on (with the pivoting locking block), although the open-top slide was, I think, probably an original Beretta feature going 'way back to their original semiauto, the Model 1915.

I have also always preferred the frame-mounted safety of the Taurus. These days, both versions are whoppers in the 9mm category, but they're both rugged, reliable and accurate in my experience.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

If you ever shoot with a two hand hold the shape of the Taurus trigger guard really works to help your off hand hold, and keep muzzle rise to a minimum. There's no place to put your off hand index finger on the rounded trigger guard.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

David, I read that the CZ 75 is carried y more police in the world than anything else.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

David
Levergunner 3.0

Post by David »

Well I one of my friends and my brother bought one and they do fit good in the hand, but honestly - I'll say this and promptly ignore - I really don't need anymore guns.
I'm trying to trim down my safes.