Taurus Judge Public Defender

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Taurus Judge Public Defender

Post by wm »

Local Pawn Shop (of dubious reputation IMO) has a Taurus Judge in 45LC/410. Price is $200. This is the 2" barreled, polymer framed model they call the public defender. It only accepts the 2.5" 410 shells.

Cheap enough to interest me but ...... why? Someone able to give me a motive to fork out $200 that might be better spent on powder and primers for reloading.

Wm

P.S. I think I may drag a buddy of mine with me to take another look at it. He might jump on it and then I can shoot it once, scratch that itch and be done. And still have my $200. :D
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Taurus Judge Public Defender

Post by Blaine »

No help from me....I always thought they were an oversize/weight answer that nobody asked the question. 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
JerryB
Advanced Levergunner

Post by JerryB »

Blaine, me own sentiments perzckly.
JerryB II Corinthians 3:17, Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

JOSHUA 24:15
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Blaine. Yup me too. My brother has one and he is as proud of that as he can be. I am unimpressed AND he bought it thinking he and his wife would both carry it, neither does because it’s so heavy( his is the metal frame). If I am going to lug that much weight around it’s gonna be my Glock 23 and two extra 15 round mags.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Werent they designed for 1 purpose. Defending yourself against car jackers. Todd
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Well my buddy bought it and is tickled to death. He is going to rig up a holster attached to his center console of his vehicle that he uses to make his deliveries.

We have already shot 100 rounds through this afternoon. Out to 25 feet it heaps punishment on a man sized target. For what he is envisioning as its purpose it maybe perfect.

And besides being the best kind of friend in his eyes, I got to scratch that particular itch once and for all and still have money to stock up on primers and buy some powder.

I love it when a plan comes together!

Wm
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

For those of us with an interest in guns, and confidence using better and more effective ones for home and personal defense, the 'Judge' series are of interest mostly as range-toys or just an element in the timeline of firearms development (though not a pivotal one by any means).

However, to the person who is NOT a 'gun' person, and may only ever buy just one firearm, and will not likely ever take it outside of the home, it IS a practical option, in that:

> it is intuitive to shoot even for a completely untrained person
> it is able to be left loaded for 100 years and probably still shoot
> it won't have unmanageable recoil
> it deliveres a respectable payload
> with Crimson Trace laser grips, it can be aimed when conditions are sub-optimal
> with some of the available loads, overpenetration might not be as bad a problem as with other options

Sure, 'untrained' people should become 'trained' - but they don't, and there are definitely better firearms in terms of power, capacity, accuracy, and so on, but we are dealing with the real-world here.

I think the biggest downside is that undoubtedly some people see that it can use shotgun shells and figure that all you have to do is point it in the general direction of an intruder who enters the room, and pull the trigger. Even doing that with a 12 gauge at such close range could result in a complete miss (and mess).
Last edited by AJMD429 on Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

In my neck of the woods. just across the tracks in what used to be a thriving and pleasant business district before urban migration, some street harlots and their pimps imagined a quick money making scheme.

When a lone elderly cracker stopped at a light, stop sign, or rail crossing, an obvious street harlot would try the passenger-side door and hop in if it was unlocked. A very black and inner city she/he/it type would demand whatever cash he had handy or she would scream "rape !"......

Most the time it worked.....the geezer would hand over loose cash and speed away.

Then one of them picked the wrong truck and, before she/he/it had a chance to hop-up, got a face full from one of these revolvers. She/he/it lived to tell about it but the fotos, courtesy of a deputy who backed-up the call for the local gendarmes, that went around from one smartphone to another were gruesome to say the least.
m.A.g.a. !