Spotted a Marlin 1893 38-55

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Spotted a Marlin 1893 38-55

Post by EdinCT »

I went to D&L Outdoors in RI to get some AA 20 ga wads today and as I was leaving I noticed they had a 1893 in 38-55. It was a rifle with what looked to be a half octagon 28 inch barrel. I didn't ask to hold it because I have no interest in it and didn't want to develop one, but thought I would make it known. The exterior looks pretty fair but I have no idea about the bore.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Spotted a Marlin 1893 38-55

Post by AJMD429 »

Remember what the price tag was? Sounds like it might be a nice find for those who like the vintage leverguns.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Pete44ru
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pete44ru »

I wish I knew you were hereabouts, Ed - Maybe we coulda grabbed some lunch..... :cry:

FWIW, for personal reasons, I stopped doing business with D&L shortly after the original owner (Al) let his son run the store day-to-day about 10 years ago; but a neighbor went in there this week, and got diss'd by one of the clerks, which led him to also stop patronizing them, too.

EdinCT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by EdinCT »

I thought the tag said 999.00 but would not swear to it. I guess if anyone is lusting for one they will need to call them.
I just usually buy powder from them but couldn't find my AA wads anywhere local and when I asked was told no but if we did they would be over by those S&W T shirts so I looked and there they were. Its tough in SE CT to find reloading supplies and Cabela's isn't what it was either.