Report on the Computer Center

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Report on the Computer Center

Post by JimT »

A lot of you all know that I lived in Africa and that my wife passed away there. A few years ago we built a Computer Center in her memory. Students can attend for free where they learn to type, do word processing, data base/spreadsheet and presentations (power point). I was there in November for 3 weeks checking on how things are going and had an amazing time. This week I received a report from the lady who is overseeing the project:

Mama Adele sent me a nice report of the Computer Center this week. Classes have begun again after the Christmas break and students are now studying in the Center. There are two classes running with 14 women and 16 men enrolled. It is great to see so many women enrolling now.

I want to thank those who have contributed to the Computer Center and those who continue to do so. It is because of your faithfulness that these men and women will not only learn to type and use a computer for business, but they will also be exposed to the Love of Jesus. Each class begins with Bible Study and prayer and each student is given a New Testament in Portuguese. For many it is their first exposure to the Gospel.

Funds on hand at this writing are in the amount of 78,789 Meticais (Mozambican Currency). At the present exchange rate of $1.00 = 62 Meticais, that is right at $1200.00 US dollars.

Thank God for His people who are faithful to help keep the Computer Center operating.

God Bless you all.

For those who are interested, there are a few videos from the November trip posted at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrScqM ... Zor5NqBtgw
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Report on the Computer Center

Post by gamekeeper »

Twyla would be so pleased with the progress... :)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Congratulations!

What seems so little here can mean so much over there.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:39 pm Twyla would be so pleased with the progress... :)
Agreed!

God Bless!!!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That is a lot of lives affected. May it continue.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost