check out this mustang , a few more pics

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

check out this mustang , a few more pics

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Sat in line to get into the car show....mostly mustangs and corvettes
Also was a swap meet, venders, and auction
p51 car show.jpg
p51.jpg
p51 2.jpg
Crazy Horse
TF-51D | N851D | 44-84745
Crazy Horse was built in the North American Aviation Inglewood, California plant and was sold for surplus in 1957 as a P-51D for $1,150.00. David Lindsay of Cavalier Aircraft Corp. took the stock single seat airframe and modified her to dual cockpit/dual control TF-51 standards. This was the last TF off the Cavalier production line. In 1984, Bob Byrnes purchased her and named the plane Rascal III.
Doug Schultz and Lee Lauderback purchased the plane in 1987 and changed the name to Crazy Horse. As a dedication to the Blue Nose Bastards of Bodney, it wears the colors of the 487th Fighter Squadron, 352nd Fighter Group of the 8th Air Force out of Asche, Belgium.
Stallion 51’s Crazy Horse is one of the most recognizable P-51 Mustang in the world. Worth a ton more now!

more pics to come
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by RIHMFIRE on Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Re: check out this mustang

Post by RIHMFIRE »

20190223_133631_resized.jpg
20190223_133703_resized.jpg
20190223_133937_resized.jpg
20190223_143011_resized.jpg
20190223_143039_resized.jpg
20190223_143304_resized.jpg
20190223_144624_resized.jpg
best car by far is the 54 vette ….absolutely perfect

more pics later
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Looks like you had good weather too.
My son took his 600 hp toy race car to a show/drag show last weekend and ran 10 times down the 1/4 mile without blowing the engine. Best time was just over 10 seconds - he was pleased with his first ever competition drag race.

I am glad he and the car came out whole. :)
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

LOVE the P51 Mustang!

(Though I prefer the red-nosed paint scheme of the 4th Fighter Group.)

A ride in a dual-seat Mustang is on my bucket list for sure!

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

At the last Hilton Head Councours I got to see an unrestored gt350 Hertz Rental that had been bought back by the Ford dealership and kept as returned. That bird would truly be a thrill to ride.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Florida_Cracker
Levergunner

Post by Florida_Cracker »

For Ol #7 -

There are actually two Crazy Horse P51s, The latter one in the Stallion 51 stable was painted the same, except at the end of the name is a very, very small roman numeral II. As far as I know both are still based in Kissimmee Fla (maybe someone can confirm that). And you can do more than just ride - you can actually fly the plane from the back seat. I was fortunate enough to get an hour of stick time in the back of the original Crazy Horse about 15 years ago. Pilot walked me through some simple aerobatics and I still have the cockpit video somewhere. Talk about bragging rights.

The Cavalier company mentioned by the original poster was based in Sarasota Fl and was converting surplus P-51s back into fighters (complete with 50 cal guns) for the Salvadoran Air Force - apparently with help from the CIA. There is a pretty complete Wiki on Cavalier. Fun history.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Florida_Cracker wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:34 pm For Ol #7 -

There are actually two Crazy Horse P51s, The latter one in the Stallion 51 stable was painted the same, except at the end of the name is a very, very small roman numeral II. As far as I know both are still based in Kissimmee Fla (maybe someone can confirm that). And you can do more than just ride - you can actually fly the plane from the back seat. I was fortunate enough to get an hour of stick time in the back of the original Crazy Horse about 15 years ago. Pilot walked me through some simple aerobatics and I still have the cockpit video somewhere. Talk about bragging rights.

The Cavalier company mentioned by the original poster was based in Sarasota Fl and was converting surplus P-51s back into fighters (complete with 50 cal guns) for the Salvadoran Air Force - apparently with help from the CIA. There is a pretty complete Wiki on Cavalier. Fun history.
yup...still based in Kissimmee.
Show was in Lakeland and the 51 was grounded due to morning fog, which was hard to believe cause I drove by Kissimmee.
9 minute flight and couldnt pull it off! haha
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

The old Vettes seem to be the only real "car show" cars from the pictures? The rest just appear to mostly be fairly new cars that are pretty much as they left the showroom floor, with maybe just tire and wheel changes. I see that occasionally here at car shows, and if I get to one with mostly new cars I just park and do a quick glance before leaving.
I'm just an old school hotrodder, so if a car isn't mostly built by it's owner, or someone other than the factory, it doesn't get a lot of my attention. I'm in the middle of building a '35 Plymouth coupe for a friend presently. It is going to be a street strip altered coupe to run in nostalgia drags, but also street legal to drive to car events. Power train is a 450 hp 383 stroker SBC engine, with Super T10 four speed, and a narrowed 8.8" Ford limited slip with 4:10 gears. Chrome tube axle and hairpins up front, with chrome ladder bar suspension in the rear. QA1 coilovers at all 4 corners. Should be a fun street/strip ride.
We have a lot of body work to do yet, but the chassis just got painted and we started assembling the rolling chassis yesterday. We lengthened the frame 10", and the wheelbase lengthend 10" to make more engine room, and help it go straighter under hard launches.

Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

marlinman93 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:01 pm The old Vettes seem to be the only real "car show" cars from the pictures? The rest just appear to mostly be fairly new cars that are pretty much as they left the showroom floor, with maybe just tire and wheel changes. I see that occasionally here at car shows, and if I get to one with mostly new cars I just park and do a quick glance before leaving.
I'm just an old school hotrodder, so if a car isn't mostly built by it's owner, or someone other than the factory, it doesn't get a lot of my attention. I'm in the middle of building a '35 Plymouth coupe for a friend presently. It is going to be a street strip altered coupe to run in nostalgia drags, but also street legal to drive to car events. Power train is a 450 hp 383 stroker SBC engine, with Super T10 four speed, and a narrowed 8.8" Ford limited slip with 4:10 gears. Chrome tube axle and hairpins up front, with chrome ladder bar suspension in the rear. QA1 coilovers at all 4 corners. Should be a fun street/strip ride.
We have a lot of body work to do yet, but the chassis just got painted and we started assembling the rolling chassis yesterday. We lengthened the frame 10", and the wheelbase lengthend 10" to make more engine room, and help it go straighter under hard launches.

Nice Project....dont see many 35 plymouth coupes down here.
tons of 32 fords
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

20190223_124649_resized.jpg
20190223_131453_resized.jpg
20190223_143123_resized.jpg
20190223_143346_resized.jpg
20190223_124658_resized.jpg
20190223_112104_resized.jpg
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Nice , very nice ! I’m a 67-69 Camaro , Jeep CJ 46-65 and Packard person ! Probably never own a Packard or Camaro but hopefully one day I’ll luck into a nice Jeep CJ-2A or early CJ-5 (preferably a 61or 64).
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

6pt-sika wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:26 pm Nice , very nice ! I’m a 67-69 Camaro , Jeep CJ 46-65 and Packard person ! Probably never own a Packard or Camaro but hopefully one day I’ll luck into a nice Jeep CJ-2A or early CJ-5 (preferably a 61or 64).
just sell a few of those parkers!...they had a Packard at one of the last shows I went to....awesome car
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

RIHMFIRE wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:18 am
6pt-sika wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:26 pm Nice , very nice ! I’m a 67-69 Camaro , Jeep CJ 46-65 and Packard person ! Probably never own a Packard or Camaro but hopefully one day I’ll luck into a nice Jeep CJ-2A or early CJ-5 (preferably a 61or 64).
just sell a few of those parkers!...they had a Packard at one of the last shows I went to....awesome car
I think it would be cool to have a 27-29 Packard convertible coupe with rumble seat and the golf bag door to carry the Parker’s to gun shows and shooting events :wink:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Paladin
Senior Levergunner

Post by Paladin »

They are GREAT Aircraft.

AirShow 2013 284.JPG
AirShow 2013 290.JPG
It is not the critic who counts
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

P-51 arrival
p51 1.jpg
p51 2.jpg
p-51 3.jpg
p-51 4.jpg
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Re: check out this mustang , a few more pics

Post by RIHMFIRE »

67 coupe skulls.jpg
mustangers.jpg
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

It would have been cool if the corvettes were shown dockside of a British Corvette from WWII.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

jeepnik wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:46 pm It would have been cool if the corvettes were shown dockside of a British Corvette from WWII.

yup....but we were a long way to the nearest naval base!...jax and pensacola

crazy horse #2
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=cr ... ORM=VRDGAR
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS