Pretty Polite and Smooth Cop

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Pretty Polite and Smooth Cop

Post by AJMD429 »

https://youtu.be/nQjCAiKqsKs?t=145

Even though I'm about as pro-gun as you can get, I really don't like the "boundary-pushing" approach some of these citizens do...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Pretty Polite and Smooth Cop

Post by piller »

I agree with you Doc. There is a time and a place to push boundaries, those idiots were neither in the right time nor at the right place to push boundaries.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

The cop deserves praise for how he dealt with it though....!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Yes, he does.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

Generally speaking, I think that when a-holes look for trouble they should find it, but that cop was pretty civil, and he got his job done.

Thumbs up.

I have zero admiration for the open-carry guy.

:roll:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
wm
Senior Levergunner

Post by wm »

Sometimes I think some of our pro gun brethren use 'pushing boundaries' as an excuse to be impolite and bullying. Which is in fact moving things in the wrong direction. You can't scare people into being your friends.

Officer really lived up to the moniker of 'peace officer'. We (as a society) need to rediscover & reapply that term to the application of the law. Keep the peace. Police and the law should never be about enforcing a viewpoint on how people should live.

Wm
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I applaud the police Officer for a job well done. As to the dingleberries pushing the boundaries, they make us all look bad. Carrying a gun into a police station wearing terrorist garb? Legal?debatable depending on local and state laws STUPID with capital S. Oh yeah. If the cop had shot the idiot in the police station he would have been the bad guy and wrong,but could you blame him,really?
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Although I'm against these guys who walk around displaying their firearms, and pushing buttons to get citizens and cops excited, I do applaud the cop for staying cool. But his "function check" is total BS. How do you pull the trigger on a semiauto, or full auto with nothing in the chamber and come to the conclusion it's a semiauto? His "experience" he references is limited, and his knowledge is total stuff. He's bluffing, and the gun owner knows he is. It's a case of the officer has to check the guy, but whether it's semiauto or full auto wont be discovered with his method of checking. And as the officer stated, he needs his paperwork if it's Class 3, but it's legal to carry it if he had the paperwork.
Still a stupid thing for the gun owner to be doing, as it just takes up police officer's time when these morons walk around scaring people who don't know what they're doing is legal.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/