Straight Grip MARLIN 336 Texan .30-30 (FS Elsewhere)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Straight Grip MARLIN 336 Texan .30-30 (FS Elsewhere)

Post by Old No7 »

I normally don't post auction links, but this is my first bonafide levergun posting in awhile...

For Sale Elsewhere (GBroker).

I don't know the seller, but I'm thinking maybe somebody here could be interested in this Marlin .30-30 -- especially because it is "JM" marked and has a straight grip. It looks pretty decent to me, and the last one I saw in a gunshop in PA was asking over $800.

Here's the link to "USED MARLIN 336 RC TEXAN STOCK .30-30" (click here), and good luck to anyone who might bid on this one. :wink:

Old No7

Marlin 336 30-30 Texan.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Straight Grip MARLIN 336 Texan .30-30 (FS Elsewhere)

Post by 6pt-sika »

I’ve had two of those but they weren’t 30-30 . Both of the ones I had were circa 1967 336-44’s . They actually did very well with cast handloads up to 300 grains as long as I pushed them kinda hard with H110 or W296 which in actuality ARE the same thing .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Straight Grip MARLIN 336 Texan .30-30 (FS Elsewhere)

Post by 6pt-sika »

Cosmetically that guns a bit rough . If I got it I’d address the rust and have a reblue , but in my work deal I can get it done at no cost to me . If someone off the street came in and wanted that gun reblued it would be $300+ I expect . The blueing isn’t the expensive part , the prep work on the metal before blueing is where the cost comes into play .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !