Done

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Done

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sun May 30, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: This Could Get Really Interesting

Post by Bill in Oregon »

It's about time. Hope it is upheld.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Yes, it certainly is about time we stopped discriminating against women, and made them register for the draft too! Just not fair that they should be exempted from the fun of military draft registration, or possible service. :)
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

A wise man once said be careful what you wish for you may just get it. Hmmm
Equality may have a whole new meaning.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

It's about time. 8)

Now, let's get those whacked out tranny men out of women's sports. :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

Lived in another country ( Taiwan ) where the kids went to the military out of high school. During their school years they all had uniforms and haircuts, the boys had high and tight flat tops,the girls a bowel cut. This was in the 70's and don't remember them having all the strange ideas and problems we have here. If I remember correctly the only way to get out of the service was to do very good academically ( maybe an old fashion bribe worked too cannot say ).
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

model55 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:39 pm Lived in another country ( Taiwan ) where the kids went to the military out of high school. During their school years they all had uniforms and haircuts, the boys had high and tight flat tops,the girls a bowel cut. This was in the 70's and don't remember them having all the strange ideas and problems we have here. If I remember correctly the only way to get out of the service was to do very good academically ( maybe an old fashion bribe worked too cannot say ).

I'm surprised anyone with a bowel cut would be accepted for service...
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Pisgah wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:59 pm
model55 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:39 pm Lived in another country ( Taiwan ) where the kids went to the military out of high school. During their school years they all had uniforms and haircuts, the boys had high and tight flat tops,the girls a bowel cut. This was in the 70's and don't remember them having all the strange ideas and problems we have here. If I remember correctly the only way to get out of the service was to do very good academically ( maybe an old fashion bribe worked too cannot say ).

I'm surprised anyone with a bowel cut would be accepted for service...
Why would that matter? :? :?

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I believe he meant bowl not bowel.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

fordwannabe wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:37 pm I believe he meant bowl not bowel.
YesSir, I allowed for that typo. :lol: I was just thinking that in my childhood, there were more homemade haircuts than not. Long hair was very much frowned upon in that day and age. I wore a high and tight all thru school.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Israel hasn't done too badly with women in the military. I see lots of women in Air Force uniforms in my town, and they impress the heck out of me with their carriage and professionalism.
model55
Levergunner 3.0

Post by model55 »

Oops! Yes bowl.No long hair allowed. Basically across the top of the forehead in a line over the ear and fairly high and tight on the back of the neck. I've seen some pictures of my father when they lived on the family farm with home done hair cuts. No long hair there either. Kind of reminds me of him asking me in his later years after cargo shorts became popular " When are you going to be old enough to wear long pants?"Only wore shorts as a child himself. :D
hfcable
Advanced Levergunner

Post by hfcable »

BlaineG wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:40 pm
fordwannabe wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:37 pm I believe he meant bowl not bowel.
YesSir, I allowed for that typo. :lol: I was just thinking that in my childhood, there were more homemade haircuts than not. Long hair was very much frowned upon in that day and age. I wore a high and tight all thru school.
still wear my hair that way, and really short. when it gets any length at all, it just stands up ...like a hedge hog ! in grammar school, though I was tall and lean, my nick name was porky.....as in porcupine, because of my hair. my early friends called me that even as an adult.

and furthermore, when I retire [ ha! ] my Emotional Support Animal is going to be a porcupine..
cable