Shooting During Bad Weather

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Shooting During Bad Weather

Post by JimT »

The weather here has turned off cool and rainy. No conducive to shooting. But to counter the poor weather I have a small indoor range in the shop. The .22 Bullet Trap is set in a small alcove I built that has enough wood around it to stop a bullet that misses the trap ... should that ever happen. The shop is 90 by 45 .. I can get 40 feet at this angle. It functions just fine for working on sight alignment/trigger squeeze.

marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Shooting During Bad Weather

Post by marlinman93 »

That's pretty cool that you can shoot indoors when the weather gets poor outside. This is why I purchased a pellet rifle last year. I had a couple old Benjamins I could shoot, but they weren't quite as accurate as I wanted, nor did they have great triggers. Now that I've got an accurate pellet rifle I find myself shooting much more indoors and keeping my shooting skills honed during the off months.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
bikerbeans
Levergunner 1.0

Post by bikerbeans »

I HAD a CF bullet trap in my side of the barn. Just used it to test wildcat loads so i could check for signs of overpressure. The other half of my barn is for my wife's horses so i always put the horses in the pasture before testing loads. One day when i thought my wife had gone to work she came into the barn to clean stalls. She wasn't amused by the sound of a 44 cal wildcat cartridge loaded with over 70g of I3031. Good bye bullet trap.

BB
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

A dude I knew thirty years ago dug a 50 yard trench going from his basement out into his back yard, laid culvert pipe very carefully, and covered it, with a target-shed at the end with motors to turn rolled targets (he spray-stenciled on doctor's exam-table paper) over a polyethylene backing. Biggest issue was even smokeless 223 bolt action made enough smoke he had to put a big exhaust fan at the end he could run for a few minutes every ten rounds or so.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "