Glock 45

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
1894c

Glock 45

Post by 1894c »

I been carrying and qualifying with a Sig Sauer P320 Compact and Carry (17-rnd mag with a compact slide) for the last three years. It's a great weapons platform, very accurate, reliable and tough...BUT. I've been using a Glock since 1996 and since a slight majority of my LE Agency still carries a Glock I became interested when Glock introduced the Glock 45 in 9mm (the 45 designates Glock's 45th patented).

The Glock 45 has a Glock 19 slide with a Glock 17 grip-frame, thereby allowing one to carry 17-rnds (similar to the the Sig P320 Carry). I like this configuration. The balance of the G-45 is outstanding, I like the sans-finger groves, won't use the forward serrations, the flared mag-well is ok, the trigger pull is Glock, the ambidextrous slide stop is nice, has a "marksmen" barrel too. I should mention that I bought two -- an old habit.

I have only 400+ rounds of mixed everything through the G-45 at this point, it shoots like a Glock...accurate, reliable...hey it's a Glock... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Glock 45

Post by Grizz »

does Glock have such so much angst that they resort to calling a 9mm a 45? regardless of the explanation, it seems infantile to me.... but I don't Glock so my output is no input...

Glad you like your gun, I'd like to shoot one some day...
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

I don't guess I get it
I could already use a 17 round mag in a G19 ....and in my G26. Add an extension and it's a 19-round mag.

I guess sales a finally lagging so they are creating "new" guns by parts swapping. Kind of like ARs
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I much prefer Mrs fordwannabe’s 22 without the finger grooves to my 23 with them and some day I am gonna either send it off to be modified or replace the frame. I was at the range today with the 23 as I had a microdot installed. Muy bueno. Good luck with the new hardware.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

The Glock 45 is a direct result of the MHS (US Military trials for a new handgun system, Glock came in 2nd). They released the Glock 19x awhile back and the G-45 is a black color version of that (well kind-of). The G-45 is very comfortable to shoot, again I like the balance of this auto and the 17-round capacity (more is better). When it comes to an LE application I think it's a good choice, is it the best choice... :)
MingoKid
Levergunner 1.0

Post by MingoKid »

My daily carry pistol is almost the exact opposite. It was a Glock 17 I had the gripframe shortened to Glock 19 size. Easy to conceal, and plenty sight radius. I also have the option of using model 19, 17, or extended length mags. I call it my Glock 19L. Maybe Glock will try this tact in the future? MK
I know not what the future holds, but I know who holds the future!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

It only matter that you like it. 8)
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Scruffy49
Levergunner

Post by Scruffy49 »

Only Glock I have/shoot is a 36. A gift from a retired skip chaser. Compact .45acp, little aftermarket support but gets the job done.

Only other “evil automatic” I have is a 1937 proofed VZ24. Fair to middling tolerable, kinda small for my hand. Good shooter if you use nothing but mil spec ball ammunition. Does not feed modern self defense rounds. At all.
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Nice looking pistol and of course since it's a Glock it's reliable and accurate.

Still a 9 though . . .

Cat
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I keep looking at those and the 19X. I really like the FDE pistols. I have three Gen Three 9mms, 17,19 and a 26. I shoot the 19 the most, used to shoot IDPA with it after I retired my Colt Combat Elite. The money I saved in ammo, even with handloads, paid for the 19. I'll pick up one or the other, but I still want a G34 too. Just have to get them all I guess. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

It's hard to keep up with all the number designations any more. I thought the 19X was a 17 frame with a 19 slide/barrel. How is the Glock 45 different from the 19X?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

:roll: :roll: Besides, when did a model # ever reflect the calibre?
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I like my old second gen model 22 in .40 S&W, and with a drop in barrel I have, it is .357 Sig. No, the model number has no correlation to what you think the cartridge would be. It is accurate enough for what I need it to do.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

This is as close as I get to a Glock. Just my personal preference. No one has to agree.
1894c

Post by 1894c »

JimT wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:53 am Image

This is as close as I get to a Glock. Just my personal preference. No one has to agree.
Prior to my introduction to the Glock service pistol in 1996, I too owned a Stainless Colt Government Model in .45ACP. It's a good platform, a good choice, fun to shoot. We still have two ancient LEO's at my Agency that have been grandfathered to carry them. They both own and carry on duty a Wilson Combat .45ACP, they both have two (one of the "ancients" told me to own two of any duty weapon you decide to carry, just in case).

You should see the Millennial aged LEO's look at these two when they qualify, it's fun to watch. There's something therapeutic about a big bullet ripping big holes into a a target... :)
RACrowder_picture.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Sun May 30, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Up until recent history, I was glockless and quite satisfied being that way.

I knew if I ever got one it would be in an odd chambering. 9x23, 9x25 dillon, .357 sig, .40 corbon, .45 gap, etc.

A N D......I adamantly required a redundant manual safety.

In fullness of time I bought a new york stazi trade-in surplus model 37 in .45 g.a.p.

My son promptly confiscated it for his own use.

Recently I found another just like it but with an extra safety installed.

.45 g.a.p. ammo was in short supply but now seems obtainable.
m.A.g.a. !
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

My model 22 comes in .357 Sig or .40 S&W. I bought the barrel for, I think, the model 33 which is the exact same gun other than in .357 Sig. The .357 Sig is accurate and doesn't have much kick. It is close to a 125 grain .357 Magnum. Close, not the same. I haven't used it on anything other than paper, but it has been as reliable as Glock pistols are supposed to be. The .40 caliber bullets in it have a sharper kick, espetially in 180 grain. Despite the .40 having a bunch of people calling it short and weak, it is not a weak round. Sort of analogous to the .45 ACP. Enough power to do the job when used properly. Yes, Glocks are ugly and they feel funny. The fact that I can shoot pretty well with mine says that even though they feel funny, they fit my hand better than I think they do.

I also have a 1911, and it feels great in my hand. The .45 ACP is more accurate than I am. So, I may prefer my 1911, my Glock is not going to leave my posession.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost