Rock Island Auction

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Rock Island Auction

Post by 6pt-sika »

Popped my cherry at RIA today ! Bought a Grade 0 circa 1887 10 gauge Parker on a #4 top lever hammer gun with 34” barrels . Matches up fine with the serialization book !!!! However it has a pair of non Parker hammers , they’ll need to be replaced before I’m satisfied . I’ll order a letter tommorrow from the Parker Collectors Association. I’m hoping I’ll have in hand in 10-14 days , we shall see :roll:
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Rock Island Auction

Post by gamekeeper »

I will be interested in knowing more about that Parker, what tales it could tell :!: congratulations :mrgreen:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Thanks ! I dunno how much it’ll tell but I’m going to order a letter for it tommorrow or Thursday . If it has a bit of choke in it I would think it just might be pretty good for pass shooting geese . I suspect once you get those long pipes swinging it’d be kinda hard to stop them short .
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

34”!
Bet that’s pretty. Pics please when you get it.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Tycer wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:38 pm 34”!
Bet that’s pretty. Pics please when you get it.
Both hammers were replaced at some point with non Parker hammers but I’m pretty sure I can get some that are correct for the gun . If I make it out for dove this year I might just drag this one along :wink:
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Just got the letter for this old Parker ordered !

Meant to do it Monday at the shop but between loading 10 gauge shells and customers I never got around to it . And it was pretty much the same Tuesday . We're closed on Wednesdays for blueing and I don't go in so I just goterdun LOL's !

I loaded 25 each of three different slugs for the 10 gauge and 25 each of eight different sizes of buckshot . I dare say that loading oughtta last me for trial of any new 10's I get and have plenty for several upcoming hunting seasons .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Got the invoice from RIA today and sent them a company check Priority . They said first time we used a business check there would be a ten day wait before shipping after that they’d ship right away . I will say they gouged me on shipping it was $75 . I was gonna pay with a CC and pay the extra 3.5% , the buyers premium was already 15% . So after seeing the shipping cost I decided to just send a check and wait :roll: