The Rare Western Washington Snow Storm

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

The Rare Western Washington Snow Storm

Post by Blaine »

This morning, it was this much trombone deep. (In the summer, it's a birdbath)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: The Rare Western Washington Snow Storm

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Had one of those in the 1960s up there Blaine. It sure is weird to see along the Puget Sound. Liking your birdbath!

8)
daisygordoninc
Levergunner 2.0

Post by daisygordoninc »

It's hard to believe but I read an article that credited the extreme cold in the midwest, and the unusual snows out west
to "global warming". Yes, I couldn't believe it either. Pretty amazing. :D
COSteve
Advanced Levergunner

Post by COSteve »

Done
Last edited by COSteve on Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve
Retired and Living the Good Life
No Matter Where You Go, There You Are
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

The only problem I see with global warming is, it's too darn slow! :x
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

COSteve wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:53 pm
daisygordoninc wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:42 pm It's hard to believe but I read an article that credited the extreme cold in the midwest, and the unusual snows out west
to "global warming". Yes, I couldn't believe it either. Pretty amazing.
Believe it! The warming of the earth and it's atmosphere results in more energy being input into the atmosphere where it increases the energy in weather patterns. That results in higher highs and lower lows, more violent storms, faster jet streams causing higher winds, and higher wind driven tides.

It's not a question of whether the global temperature is rising as it has varied up and down a few degrees in cycles for the 6 million years we have ice data measurements on. (The world was in a lower node for the last 200-300 years and it's naturally rising.) The question is, How much has man's activities influenced the rate of the temperture rise and how high will this cycle go? There is no question that the temp rise is faster than previous averages, however, the models currently used have failed to accurately predict the measured data so extrapolating the future is a stuff shoot at best.

That's science, not speculation. NOAA in Boulder, CO, is collecting data from all over the world, even the South Pole and their data shows a faster rise in average temperature but even their models haven't been good at predicting the future.
😉 Greenland...1,000 years ago was actually green.
It will again someday. ..

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
fatboy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by fatboy »

I do not care what caused it! I have shoveled my driveway clear of 30 inches that fell in 24 hours or less and removed another 26 inch deposit from my deck and then re-shoveled both to clear the nightly increase. Had I wanted this stuff I would have moved back to Spokane instead of "Under the Blue Hole"! Plus having the city snow plow get stuck at the end of my driveway was just frosting on the stinking cake!
bob
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Since the models being used are failing, it would seem that the models are not focusing on the proper data. I am not a scientist, but those who cannot put their own bias aside to figure out a model that can be accurate are no more of a scientist than I am. The real question seems to be "What is causing the warming and cooling cycles? Humans could not have caused the last 10 of them, therefore human activity is simple a variable and not a cause. What is the real cause?"
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Bob, my brother east of Spokane -- Newman Lake -- is worried about the snowload on his roof.
Scruffy49
Levergunner

Post by Scruffy49 »

Send some down here... fleas are already out just northeast of Memphis
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

daisygordoninc wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:42 pm It's hard to believe but I read an article that credited the extreme cold in the midwest, and the unusual snows out west
to "global warming". Yes, I couldn't believe it either. Pretty amazing. :D
WELL, global warming is over, dontcha know? This signals the return of the ice. NYC and Seattle will be under a thousand feet of it shortly. Don't laugh, woolly mammoths in the arctic were found frozen with undigested veges in their tummys. Digest that picture. When this ice age is done being warm, the cold snap is instantaneous.
Beaker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Beaker »

BlaineG wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:19 pm This morning, it was this much trombone deep. (In the summer, it's a birdbath)
Blaine that does not seem like much snow as it is not even past 1st position on your trombone gauge. 8)
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

It's just great that global warming is spreading it All over the place. A year ago now We were buried, way over 100" of snow for the year here , Erie Pennsylvania which is 50 mi to the east got around 190" last year. just life in the Great Lakes Snowbelt. get a roof rake and a good snowblower. :lol: .
fatboy
Levergunner 1.0

Post by fatboy »

Jane Doe and her twin buck fawns spent the night in the ground cover under my second story deck; this morning they tried to get to anything green for breakfast.
bob
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Beaker wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:47 pm
BlaineG wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:19 pm This morning, it was this much trombone deep. (In the summer, it's a birdbath)
Blaine that does not seem like much snow as it is not even past 1st position on your trombone gauge. 8)
It's about 18" from the end of the tuning slide to first position, but I've got it buried a bit in the ground...I prolly got about 12-14" of snow...not much for most folks, but west coast doesn't get that much snow. An hour east of here and parts of the Cascades get 20 or 30 feet.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

The West Coast doesn't get that much snow . . . now. It used to. I grew up there in the '50s and we used to get more than that regularly. Pretty much went away in the late '70s.

Cat
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Doesn't the moon cause most of the tides?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Catshooter wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:41 pm The West Coast doesn't get that much snow . . . now. It used to. I grew up there in the '50s and we used to get more than that regularly. Pretty much went away in the late '70s.

Cat
There was a mini ice age in the fifties....

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Gobblerforge
Senior Levergunner

Post by Gobblerforge »

Yep.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Click Click Boom
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

piller wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:35 am Since the models being used are failing, it would seem that the models are not focusing on the proper data. I am not a scientist, but those who cannot put their own bias aside to figure out a model that can be accurate are no more of a scientist than I am. The real question seems to be "What is causing the warming and cooling cycles? Humans could not have caused the last 10 of them, therefore human activity is simple a variable and not a cause. What is the real cause?"
The Lord God Almighty Creator and Maker of Everything, is Sovereign controller of the weather.

Thanks for asking!
kaschi
Levergunner 3.0

Post by kaschi »

In the early to mid 70s I remember learning in school that another Ice Age would be experienced in the not so distant future.